Jump to content

Phantom Regiment troubles?..


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

According to the MAASIN account, the corps already looked into it.  To claim they are still looking into it would therefore be dishonest.  You think that would help?

So to recap, what did the corps say about it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and already looked into it led to MAASIN going public with it, obviously with information from one of the parties giving details...and oh now a new CEO or whatever fancy title coming on board and all this negative chatter online.

Now you are conflating the CEO hire with this?

Quote

maybe they should make a statement because i am sure internally depends have been soiled as they re-examine things. if they aren't they're fools. and silence continues to not help Phantom or DCI in general

And breaking the silence with a nothing-burger like "looking into it (again)" will not appease anyone.  Certainly not MAASIN.  They made it clear in their statement that even a firing will not appease them.  Not even two firings.  It will take three - the offending staffer, the guard caption head, and the corps director.

At this point, there are only two ways that breaking the "cone of silence" could benefit Phantom Regiment.  

1.  Announcing three firings.

2.  Announcing a defamation lawsuit against MAASIN.

If Phantom Regiment is choosing any of the other possible courses of action between those extremes, I do not see how a public statement helps them.  But if there is some piece of public relations wizardry that would, I am all ears.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sure would like to hear from members that actually witnessed this.  Too many here are siding with woke mob mentality.  I frankly don't even understand all the nuances at play here as it relates to reality.  Certainly most if not all here that have marched drum corps at some point got called out from an instructor on the field that wasn't very nice.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

I sure would like to hear from members that actually witnessed this.  Too many here are siding with woke mob mentality.  I frankly don't even understand all the nuances at play here as it relates to reality.  Certainly most if not all here that have marched drum corps at some point got called out from an instructor on the field that wasn't very nice.  

Getting called out is one thing, making it personal (allegedly) is unprofessional. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Getting called out is one thing, making it personal (allegedly) is unprofessional. 

Depends.  I know a LOT of professionals that teach, and teach well, that kind of get in your face and make you better.  This is why I want to hear from the people that were there and the context in which this was done.  I marched in the 80's and getting ribbed was kind of a normal thing when you were screwing up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Depends.  I know a LOT of professionals that teach, and teach well, that kind of get in your face and make you better.  This is why I want to hear from the people that were there and the context in which this was done.  I marched in the 80's and getting ribbed was kind of a normal thing when you were screwing up.

If what I’ve read here is true it was a personal insult based on sexuality (for lack of better term). Thinking of what it would be like if it was based on race, religion or gender. Maybe it’s my Senior/all age background but can see Crap hitting fan. More than ribbing imo.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Depends.  I know a LOT of professionals that teach, and teach well, that kind of get in your face and make you better.  This is why I want to hear from the people that were there and the context in which this was done.  I marched in the 80's and getting ribbed was kind of a normal thing when you were screwing up.

“Getting ribbed” You make it sound so quaint. Do those same professionals get results by dehumanizing and attacking the very essence of one’s being? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Brian Tuma said:

“Getting ribbed” You make it sound so quaint. Do those same professionals get results by dehumanizing and attacking the very essence of one’s being? 

I would hope there is more to that person than their given birth name (dead now?) or sexual identity.  But, perhaps I give more credit to human beings as I am a glass is half full type of guy.  Not being woke or jumping on any bandwagon of faux outrage before knowing what the facts are goes a long way to being reasonable.  A few isolated incidents doesn't make a pattern nor does it make it nearly into the realm of other crap that has been in DCI for decades or even come close to Hoppygate.  Also, to point out yet again, condemning anyone waiting to hear the facts or labeling them as "quaint" doesn't make your case for a mob style lynching.  I want to hear from the marching members to get both what was said and what the context was.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

I would hope there is more to that person than their given birth name (dead now?) or sexual identity.  

Well if it wouldn’t bother you, then why should it bother anyone else? 🙄 And if being “woke” means thinking how others would react under certain situations then sign me up.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well if it wouldn’t bother you, then why should it bother anyone else? 🙄 And if being “woke” means thinking how others would react under certain situations then sign me up.

Well, to be fair everyone reacts to things differently.  That's fine if you want to go down that path, knock yourself out...polite pass from me.  For myself, I want to hear from people standing around this person and in the context that it was given.  Then "I" can make a decision that I would think a "reasonable" person would give the circumstances around the alleged incidents.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...