Phantom Regiment troubles?..

7 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Because I think it is an important topic that can benefit from constructive discussions that might lead to solutions that prevent these kinds of harms from occurring in the future, you?

ok I won’t be a smart aleck and ask directly. What is the issue in saying “if what I read is true”? None of us were witnesses so we are all going on what others said. Just said the quiet part out loud so 🤷🏻

IOW if you would only read what you know is true…. You wouldn’t be reading the thread at all

Edited by JimF-LowBari

6 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Getting called out is one thing, making it personal (allegedly) is unprofessional. 

6 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Depends.  I know a LOT of professionals that teach, and teach well, that kind of get in your face and make you better.  This is why I want to hear from the people that were there and the context in which this was done.  I marched in the 80's and getting ribbed was kind of a normal thing when you were screwing up.

This is my kind of instructor:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

This is my kind of instructor:

Modeled after one of the Looney Tune honchos Friz Freling…  Yeah I know WAY too much about cartoons (and way too many Looney Tune DVDs 😆)

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Modeled after one of the Looney Tune honchos Friz Freling…  Yeah I know WAY too much about cartoons (and way too many Looney Tune DVDs 😆)

You mean he wasn’t modeled after George Zingali?

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, skevinp said:

I’m picturing how my old HS band director would have reacted if I said that to him.  Looks something like Yosemite Sam.

i know how my director acted when i corrected him, as even at 17 i knew more about the current state of the marching arts than he did.

he threw my out 9 times my senior year and had my band locker cleaned out and the contents delivered to my home on graduation day.

best part is the next day his replacement started and took the band on a run of...33/34 years of success it never had in all facets ( concert, marching, jazz). his replacement is a C2 alum and is doing great things too.

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

No.  George Zingali was modeled after Yosemite Sam.

please tell me there is video of Zingali calling someone a long eared galoot

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 7:29 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

No.  George Zingali was modeled after Yosemite Sam.

I haunt places for old vinyl among  other things (I’m enjoying retirement even if I don’t go too far due to you know what). Found a 1950 kiddie record of the “Yosemite Sam” song. So was GZ actually two feet tall… well that’s what the song sez. 😆

Edited by JimF-LowBari

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I haunt places for old vinyl among  other things (I’m enjoying retirement even if I don’t go too far due to you know what). Found a 1950 kiddie record of the “Yosemite Sam” song. So was GZ actually two feet tall… well that’s what the song sez. 😆

He was two feet … and more!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1