Bonfiglio/27th dispute

3 hours ago, Bob984 said:

Judges in a court of law....twice.......indicate clearly in their decision that a significant portion of funds benefited DB substantially  instead of the purpose...scholarships.  This is not a "rumor, opinion, etc" but a decision of judges in a court of law.  

as i read your post and get to "decision of judges", my mind immediately said it in Brandt Crockers voice.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Swamptihs said:

Yes correct. It is something to ponder with the bitterdcifan showing up but that should not be a reason to close the thread or make accusations against them either. 

Then again claiming facts might pose a problem. Should have made it all "in my opinion". 

This DCP is very difficult to figure out for outsiders. From a quick glance its a place to discuss what goes on and went on with drum corps. If you are in the group no problem. If you are an outsider its impossible, as you could claim the sun is hot and get called out as something other than honest. 

I’ve been commenting on DCP since 2011 but have followed longer. When I first started adding my thoughts, there were more than a few times I took it on the chin. We’re a pretty opinionated group. You could also vote up or down regarding opinions and that made life interesting. There are differences today. I think five or ten years ago there were enough topics where you could prove your knowledge. You had to know the corps, the repertoires,  with staff you had to know the main players were, and the history. There were off the wall comments, and you’d be taken to task. There were also a variety of people who you knew had knowledge of certain topics. There were colorful characters and no question some folks who were just offensive. Some folks died, others were booted off, some simply stopped contributing. I think now we’re running out of topics. The fact we had an abbreviated season in 2021 and no 2020 season has not helped. There’s not much to talk about. A few years ago I checked DCP everyday except a few holidays and I always worried I missed something. I think when Spring arrives and show announcements are made and when competition begins, we can focus more on other topics. 

• Like 3

On 12/30/2021 at 10:38 PM, Swamptihs said:

Yes correct. It is something to ponder with the bitterdcifan showing up but that should not be a reason to close the thread or make accusations against them either. 

Then again claiming facts might pose a problem. Should have made it all "in my opinion". 

This DCP is very difficult to figure out for outsiders. From a quick glance its a place to discuss what goes on and went on with drum corps. If you are in the group no problem. If you are an outsider its impossible, as you could claim the sun is hot and get called out as something other than honest. 

I was a frequent contributor years ago when all forums were more civil. I am not an "outsider" - having marched DCI in the early 70's and taught and judged through 2014.  I used a different handle on DCP and tried to "correct" false statements or half-truths that were posted about 27th.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BitterDCIFan said:

I was a frequent contributor years ago when all forums were more civil. I am not an "outsider" - having marched DCI in the early 70's and taught and judged through 2014.  I used a different handle on DCP and tried to "correct" false statements or half-truths that were posted about 27th.  

Why are you bitter?  Drum Corps is still a fantastic activity despite its shortcomings.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BitterDCIFan said:

so....gotta be RAMD before 1997 then?

On 1/1/2022 at 1:51 PM, BitterDCIFan said:

Okay, true statement:  Denise lost in court, not once, but twice.  That means her version of the truth was not believed by a judge and an appeals court panel.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Okay, true statement:  Denise lost in court, not once, but twice.  That means her version of the truth was not believed by a judge and an appeals court panel.  

Civil trials don’t necessarily turn on different versions of the truth.  Everyone could tell the truth as they understand it and the trier of fact could come to its own understanding.  

Even if both sides had the exact same understanding of the facts, it could come down to how the law applies to those facts.

And appeals judges do not typically question findings of fact of the lower court.  They consider issues of law, such as whether the right law was applied.  

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

Civil trials don’t necessarily turn on different versions of the truth.  Everyone could tell the truth as they understand it and the trier of fact could come to its own understanding.  

Even if both sides had the exact same understanding of the facts, it could come down to how the law applies to those facts.

And appeals judges do not typically question findings of fact of the lower court.  They consider issues of law, such as whether the right law was applied.  

Look at the 990's.........it took me all but 5 minutes to realize that the judge made the correct decision, and it was very cut and dry.......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

52 minutes ago, Bob984 said:

Look at the 990's.........it took me all but 5 minutes to realize that the judge made the correct decision, and it was very cut and dry.......

But they could have had this guy representing their case @:35.  :spitting:

3 hours ago, Bob984 said:

Wish I would have known (or be able to access) 990s when my group lost its non-profit status. Huge sticking point on getting it back was amount of money going to outside places to “promote the activity” (listed as why group deserved non-status). Took years for the tightwads to get it through their heads they couldn’t give a token amount and expect non-profit status.

Edited by JimF-LowBari