Bonfiglio/27th dispute

3 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I thought this thread died a quiet death a while ago.

Nothing of value is being added in this thread and it is only adding fuel to the fire of what is, in essence, a family dispute.

Moderators, I think it’s time to close this thread.

Actually, Denise took additional actions on 1/29, since this thread was started, and now expects money to be raised through the foundation, not for scholarships, but to pay for the legal verdict that was a direct result of her actions.  There could be additional consequences for these actions, and someone has pointed out that an additional investigation may be taking place.  This is about far more than a dispute over a trademark/name.  It is about possible unethical and perhaps criminal behavior by someone who is now a CEO of a major corps witn an over $2 million budget and the checkbook.  People have expressed their opinions of her actions, and you have the right to express yours.   Certainly the moderator can close a thread, but for what purpose here?  To censor any new information??  To brush info under the rug and pretend there is nothing to see here??  If you don't wish to read any more info on this, you don't have to, and you also have the full right to express your point of view....but to quelch others in discussing something that is  ongoing.....I don't know.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, whitedawn said:

1. It isn’t illegal or unethical for non-profits to solicit donations to cover their bills, including judgments. It happens all the time.

2. Please specify these, “additional consequences.” 

3. I don’t think you actually read the opinion if you believe that this is anything other than a trademark dispute. But by all means keep defaming people and see what happens. Also, please note that the overwhelming majority of the judgment was from legal fees. The actual damages were only like $20k.

4. The Cadets organization is no longer a banana republic like it was during the GH era. No one person has the ability to write checks without multiple financial controls being in place, which is standard in almost every organization. I’d suggest you take ten minutes to write in and ask questions about financial controls rather than implying that somebody is gonna steal money. (I’m a financial supporter and was similarly concerned but had a nice chat that cleared everything up.)

or, like I said, continue defaming people in writing, in public, and find out what happens. Up to you. 

So they spent $67k to recover $20k in damages?

3 minutes ago, whitedawn said:

Yep. Welcome to civil litigation. 

Criminal ain’t much better. Knew a guy who took 2 year probation instead of spending $$$ to clear his name. (No idea of his guilt/innocence) He got caught in a group sting operation and every time one of them would go to court they all had to show up. Figured he’d have to sell the house before trial even started so he cut a deal.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

7 hours ago, whitedawn said:

1. It isn’t illegal or unethical for non-profits to solicit donations to cover their bills, including judgments. It happens all the time.

Asking for legal bill donations is fine. 

But I would really be surprised if much more than a total of ~$1k is raised in this appeal.

Non-profits that successfully solicit for legal bills often have legions of very supportive followers (i.e., NRA, ACLU, WWF, Nature Conservancy,  etc).  The Drum Corps community, let alone 27th Lancers, has nowhere near this level of support.

15 hours ago, Tim K said:

I thought this thread died a quiet death a while ago.

Nothing of value is being added in this thread and it is only adding fuel to the fire of what is, in essence, a family dispute.

Moderators, I think it’s time to close this thread.

"Negative Ghost Rider..."

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

"Negative Ghost Rider..."

Or, put another way..

Lighten Up Francis GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bob984 said:

Actually, Denise took additional actions on 1/29, since this thread was started, and now expects money to be raised through the foundation, not for scholarships, but to pay for the legal verdict that was a direct result of her actions.  There could be additional consequences for these actions, and someone has pointed out that an additional investigation may be taking place.  This is about far more than a dispute over a trademark/name.  It is about possible unethical and perhaps criminal behavior by someone who is now a CEO of a major corps witn an over $2 million budget and the checkbook.  People have expressed their opinions of her actions, and you have the right to express yours.   Certainly the moderator can close a thread, but for what purpose here?  To censor any new information??  To brush info under the rug and pretend there is nothing to see here??  If you don't wish to read any more info on this, you don't have to, and you also have the full right to express your point of view....but to quelch others in discussing something that is  ongoing.....I don't know.......

Agreed. A quick glance through the 42 pages of the summary of appeal the judge does mention misuse of funds 

• Like 2