Cavaliers Hazing Post on reddit drumcorps

16 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I usually drink before I post.

I usually drink to world peace

• Haha 1

I find this thread a bit ironic. The allegations here are every bit, if not more, serious than those against a Regiment staff member and this is some how laughable? I don’t get it. Where is the hand wringing and the teeth gnashing over the fact that the Cavies’ organization has said nothing about the allegations leveled against them?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

I find this thread a bit ironic. The allegations here are every bit, if not more, serious than those against a Regiment staff member and this is some how laughable? I don’t get it. Where is the hand wringing and the teeth gnashing over the fact that the Cavies’ organization has said nothing about the allegations leveled against them?

Probably because MAASIN has not commented on the matter, and its not hard to see why they won't touch this story with a ten foot poll. 

3 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Hey, I agreed with you early on. In fact, I said I couldn’t agree more.

4 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Just for the record, I don’t think any of the allegations are laughable.  As I said in the other thread, everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.  

I have always believed in humor as a means of coping and healing and refusing to let the bad news win.  Not to mention reducing some of the tensions that otherwise derail productive discussions.  If that has offended anyone, though, I sincerely apologize.

5 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Just for the record, I don’t think any of the allegations are laughable.  As I said in the other thread, everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.  

I have always believed in humor as a means of coping and healing and refusing to let the bad news win.  Not to mention reducing some of the tensions that otherwise derail productive discussions.  If that has offended anyone, though, I sincerely apologize.

The highlight of our band camps every year was the "Freshmen Follies."  Seniors would have freshmen do skits, dances, sing, and otherwise embarrass themselves in front of the assembled parents and the rest of the band as a means of initiation.  This went on for over 30 years.  If you tried to do any of that now, they would shut down the band program forever.  What used to be "funny" isn't always funny anymore, no matter how you approach it.

• Thanks 1