2022 Season Predictions

I am predicting that the 2022 DCI season will be intensely competitive.  I also anticipate most of the shows will be sold out.  My thoughts on placements are below:

1. Blue Devils 

2. Crown

3. Bluecoats 

4. Santa Clara / Boston 

5. Boston /Santa Clara 

6. Cavies

7. Bluestars 

8. Cadets / Phantom 

9. Phantom /Cadets 

10. Blue Knights 

11. Mandarins 

12. Spirit of Atlanta

13. Pacific Crest

14. Crossmen 

15. The Academy 

16. Colts

17. Madison 

18. Genesis 

19. Music City

20. Jersey Surf

21. Cascades 

I caveat this prediction by saying its just a meaningless prediction and I would love more folks on here to add theirs.  

Kind Regards 

• Haha 2

whoever has the highest score of whatever scoring system used after everything is added, multiplied/divided and penalties accounted for wins.

(insert corps here) will be viewed as being screwed

(insert corps here)'s fans will be considered smug

(insert corps here)'s fans will be considered honks

(insert judge here) will be clueless/biased

i am sure i am missing some, but it's been 2 years i am out of practice

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

whoever has the highest score of whatever scoring system used after everything is added, multiplied/divided and penalties accounted for wins.

(insert corps here) will be viewed as being screwed

(insert corps here)'s fans will be considered smug

(insert corps here)'s fans will be considered honks

(insert judge here) will be clueless/biased

i am sure i am missing some, but it's been 2 years i am out of practice

2008...........Prosperie has BD drums 5th and BD takes Silver.

DCP............Prosperie is best the best judge ever! He calls it likes he see's and hears it 100% of the time! Prosperie for President!!!

2019...........Prosperie gives BD drums a 10 in achievement, BD holds off the Amazing Powerhouse that is The Bluecoats.

DCP............Prosperie knows nothing! He is on the BD payroll! He "ALWAYS" puts BD first! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, B-Flat said:

I am predicting that the 2022 DCI season will be intensely competitive.  I also anticipate most of the shows will be sold out.  My thoughts on placements are below:

1. Blue Devils 

2. Crown

3. Bluecoats 

4. Santa Clara / Boston 

5. Boston /Santa Clara 

6. Cavies

7. Bluestars 

8. Cadets / Phantom 

9. Phantom /Cadets 

10. Blue Knights 

11. Mandarins 

12. Spirit of Atlanta

13. Pacific Crest

14. Crossmen 

15. The Academy 

16. Colts

17. Madison 

18. Genesis 

19. Music City

20. Jersey Surf

21. Cascades 

I caveat this prediction by saying its just a meaningless prediction and I would love more folks on here to add theirs.  

Kind Regards 

Overall I am in agreement with you at least as far as grouping. Your top six will in all likelihood be the top six and I would have Bloo and BD in the top three, but I think whether BAC, SCV, or Crown is in the top three is up for grabs. Though I wish Crown had traveled to Indy so I could see their show live, I was impressed with what I saw and my understanding is that last year’s show was planned with a view towards this year. BAC’s show was the show closest to what a corps would have done competitively, at least in my opinion, and to me it demonstrates their growth. SCV has Michael Gaines which is always a strength and while Cavies at 6th is possible, they can be surprising. 

Your choices for 7-10 would be similar to mine, though I think for Cadets and Phantom, we’ll be seeing their shows improve over 2019 and predict better things for the future.

I think I would have Pacific Crest in finals over Spirit returning to finals based on last summer, but I wouldn’t bet the farm either. I heard quite a few members of PC marched with Blue Devils in prior years but went to PC so they could march. If they didn’t age out, they’ll probably return to BD. 

As far as wild cards, Genesis was pretty strong last summer and with Music City the corps attempted something different and I felt they worked hard at improving it, especially seeing their first show in Quincy and their final performance in Indy. It will be interesting to see where they end up this summer.

• Like 4

Cadets gon' win, bruh. 😉

(Biased, btw! Former student found out that he's IN!!) 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ranintothedoor said:

Cadets gon' win, bruh. 😉

(Biased, btw! Former student found out that he's IN!!) 

Congrats to your former student! I think Cadets move up, but are still in the 7-10 range. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

2008...........Prosperie has BD drums 5th and BD takes Silver.

DCP............Prosperie is best the best judge ever! He calls it likes he see's and hears it 100% of the time! Prosperie for President!!!

2019...........Prosperie gives BD drums a 10 in achievement, BD holds off the Amazing Powerhouse that is The Bluecoats.

DCP............Prosperie knows nothing! He is on the BD payroll! He "ALWAYS" puts BD first! 

he is the best guy out there. i personally disagree with 19's call, even after hearing his tapes for both groups, but he was there and i was watching on Flo. i'll defer to his judgement.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2021 at 12:33 AM, B-Flat said:

1. Blue Devils 

2. Crown

3. Bluecoats 

4. Santa Clara / Boston 

5. Boston /Santa Clara 

6. Cavies

7. Bluestars 

8. Cadets / Phantom 

9. Phantom /Cadets 

10. Blue Knights 

11. Mandarins 

12. Spirit of Atlanta

13. Pacific Crest

14. Crossmen 

15. The Academy 

16. Colts

17. Madison 

18. Genesis 

19. Music City

20. Jersey Surf

21. Cascades 

Kind Regards 

Are Troopers competing in 2022?