2022 Season Predictions

I would weally, weally like to see Pacific Crest move into the top 12. 

And yes, let's not forget the Troopers in the WC mix, too. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Can't say I disagree about PC.

But, because of math, for every Corps new to the top 12, a Corps has to drop out of the top 12.

21 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Can't say I disagree about PC.

But, because of math, for every Corps new to the top 12, a Corps has to drop out of the top 12.

I could lose the Crossmen or Mandarins and still sleep at night. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Four California corps in the top 12 would be boss. But for that happen, who falls out of the top 12?

19 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Four California corps in the top 12 would be boss. But for that happen, who falls out of the top 12?

CONGRATS on your retirement! I retired March 2021. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

CONGRATS on your retirement! I retired March 2021. 

Congrats to you too brother! Retirement is nice! Although i miss my Sailors and Marines dearly.

My son just got a contract couple weeks ago to march with Gold in the Contra line.

I get to trade in my Chief Cover for a DCI Dad hat lol. New type of traveling this summer lol. 

• Like 5

Alright, alright... I guess since I have all this analytical data at my disposal, I should throw in here.

Tier I - Title contenders

Devils, Bluecoats, Vanguard, Crown      All 4 have the organization, the finances, and the recruiting to win a title after 2 years off of competing

Tier II - Guaranteed Finalists

Cavies, Boston, Blue Knights, Cadets      History says they won't fall lower than 12; I wouldn't have included Cadets here before seeing their '21 show

Tier III - In contention for a Finals spot

Blue Stars, Mandarins, Crossmen, Phantom, Spirit       They each have at least one issue that could keep them from making Finals, but only one will come up short

Tier IV - Outside looking in

Everyone else           

Pacific Crest had a great shot at becoming a Finalist in 2020, but two years of damaged income will likely set them back a few years.  The Academy has been there before, but the last few years have made me question their ability to repeat.  Can the Colts jump 4 or 5 corps above them?  Odds are they can't.  Same with Madison.

Now comes the surprise... darkhorse candidates to make Finals:  Blue Devils B and Vanguard Cadets.  If anyone has a rough summer, these two could climb over a lot of backs and take a spot on Saturday night.  The support is there, could they pull it off?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Alright, alright... I guess since I have all this analytical data at my disposal, I should throw in here.

Tier I - Title contenders

Devils, Bluecoats, Vanguard, Crown      All 4 have the organization, the finances, and the recruiting to win a title after 2 years off of competing

Tier II - Guaranteed Finalists

Cavies, Boston, Blue Knights, Cadets      History says they won't fall lower than 12; I wouldn't have included Cadets here before seeing their '21 show

Tier III - In contention for a Finals spot

Blue Stars, Mandarins, Crossmen, Phantom, Spirit       They each have at least one issue that could keep them from making Finals, but only one will come up short

Tier IV - Outside looking in

Everyone else           

Pacific Crest had a great shot at becoming a Finalist in 2020, but two years of damaged income will likely set them back a few years.  The Academy has been there before, but the last few years have made me question their ability to repeat.  Can the Colts jump 4 or 5 corps above them?  Odds are they can't.  Same with Madison.

Now comes the surprise... darkhorse candidates to make Finals:  Blue Devils B and Vanguard Cadets.  If anyone has a rough summer, these two could climb over a lot of backs and take a spot on Saturday night.  The support is there, could they pull it off?

This will be an unpopular statement, but I am not sure that every Corps from 2021 will have the financials in place to compete in 2022.   Happy to be wrong.