2022 Season Predictions

Boston has made a number of schedule changes;  Trip to Ireland has been postponed to 2023. Jan camp is virtual (intro camp for mm’s & staff to review 2022 plans, rules & regs, policies and procedures - like zero tolerance on a number of things, for being in BAC).  All camps up to April will be virtual too I think.  Maybe as Covid/variants change, other things will modify.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Boston has made a number of schedule changes;  Trip to Ireland has been postponed to 2023. Jan camp is virtual (intro camp for mm’s & staff to review 2022 plans, rules & regs, policies and procedures - like zero tolerance on a number of things, for being in BAC).  All camps up to April will be virtual too I think.  Maybe as Covid/variants change, other things will modify.  

I believe the March Camp is currently planned to be "in person" with location tbd.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

You posted this in 2022.😆

they don't have a lot to keep them busy, it seems. 

well based on recent events, i predict self inflicted wounds from administration

• Like 4

Disclaimer: I'm newer to drum corps as a whole (I haven't grown up with it and I only started getting into it during 2020.  My section is also color guard so the music aspect isn't my forte)

Title Holders:

Blue Devils, Santa Clara Vanguard, MAYBE but probably Bluecoats

-Reasoning: BD is BD, SCV won in 2018 but dropped to 3rd in 2019, closer to Crown's score than Bloo's.  A maybe next to Bloo because they are a top 5 corps but not top 3 consistently (2016: 1, 2017: 5, 2018: 3, 2019: 2).

Other top 6:

Carolina Crown, Cavaliers, EITHER Cadets or Boston

-Reasoning: Crown post 2017 has been 4th since.  Top 3 consistency is also not their forte.  I honestly don't know a lot about Cavaliers but as far as my understanding goes, they're a balanced and good corps in finals.  Boston is very new to top 6 still.  Yes they have a lot going for them but as high as they've climbed in recent years, they could fall out of top 6 aswell.  Going off of how frankly awkward and weird the 2019 and 2021 shows have been, if they don't get their design together soon they'll start falling.  Cadets is a big fat maybe (coming from a newly contracted CBCCG member).  We've seen corps jump giant places in recent years.  Cadets, if any corps, have the most to make up for and possibly the best potential (Stacktig is back and advising the drill but not writing it.  We'll have to see how that plays out.  A Bloo brass tech is at CBrass now, and some returning staff from pre-GH chaos is back for both percussion and brass I believe.  I can say that guard staff is solid again with Bloo alumni and tons of 2014-2018 cadets alumni being there now)

7-9:

Cadets, Blue Stars, Blue Knights

-Reasoning: More likely for cadets to place 7th.  I don't know a ton about the other two but I can't remember seeing them higher than 7th (again excuse myself still being new)

10-12:

Phantom Regiment, Mandarins, Pacific Crest

-Reasoning: I hear things are starting to look better at PR, Mandarins just seems to fit right, Crossmen I can see dropping to 13 and after what happened with SoA, they probably won't be top 12 for a bit.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Keith Hall said:

I predict 2022 won't happen!

Why yes I did! Months before the season starts. Sooooooo I predict that the 2022 competitive season will not happen. Actually I think that due to all the garbage happening in some corps, that are now public, I bet many young people will pass on marching corps. 

As a teacher, I will recommend my students not participate until DCI and the individual corps can clean up their act. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Keith Hall said:

Why yes I did! Months before the season starts. Sooooooo I predict that the 2022 competitive season will not happen. Actually I think that due to all the garbage happening in some corps, that are now public, I bet many young people will pass on marching corps. 

As a teacher, I will recommend my students not participate until DCI and the individual corps can clean up their act. 

I wouldn't be surprised! The incurred cost alone will have far-reaching effects on operations. Donors have already faded.