2022 Season Predictions

6 hours ago, craiga said:

Wow.  I'm not sure why you are such a Boston hater.

Hater? I know that's tossed out pretty casually everywhere online. And you probably mean it in that same casual, not literal way. But given so much actual hate out there in our world in serious (non marching band-like) contexts, it seems inappropriate here.

Maybe @queenanne_1536 isn't a Boston fan. I don't know. But the poster offers reasons and explanations. Nothing is irrational or hate-filled.

For me, I've enjoyed watching Boston's rise in recent years. I don't think they are top three ready yet. But like everyone else here, that's only speculation in April.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Hater? I know that's tossed out pretty casually everywhere online. And you probably mean it in that same casual, not literal way. But given so much actual hate out there in our world in serious (non marching band-like) contexts, it seems inappropriate here.

Maybe @queenanne_1536 isn't a Boston fan. I don't know. But the poster offers reasons and explanations. Nothing is irrational or hate-filled.

For me, I've enjoyed watching Boston's rise in recent years. I don't think they are top three ready yet. But like everyone else here, that's only speculation in April.

We’ll hater is a strong word so maybe fervent disliker is more appropriate.  As far as reasons and explanations given?  I’m not so sure.  I read generally “bad design”.  No explanation about any specific elements of the show design.  Is it the concept or theme?  Is it music?  Brass? Percussion?  Writing? Too simple? Drill not complex enough?  I’d be curious to queenies design background.  Queenie has questioned how one can say they had their most talented corps ever last year.  If any person who is close to their favored corps year after year, and can see improvements in level of mm’s increasing year over year, then yes any person, supporter or fan in that position can certainly see if the talent of the corps improves.  Lastly Queenie makes it seem that BAC can’t possibly make it into the top three.  Because “design”.  And no one on BAC’s design team has ever been in the top 3 right?  At this point in the year anyone in the previous top 6 has a shot.  Except for BD.  Everyone has already acquiesced 1st to them.  So the next 5 are shooting for 2nd at best.  I’m curious how all corps with so many fewer shows, will be able to make changes and improvements throughout the season.

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Trailers don’t have basements! 💥

lol

Some do...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

I've spoken to MMs at BD who basically told me they put things in their show to intentionally put the audience off. I find that they drive show design for everyone else in the activity and I haven't been a fan of their shows since godfather part blue because it told a coherent story. 

There's the other issue that I haven't seen addressed which is that they soak up the talent of other corps. They obviously have the best talent year to year but the corps is soulless in my opinion because the majority of the members are ring chasing transplants and the staff are a bunch of fart sniffing snobs. 

so you hate players that switch teams in sports because they want to win also?

7 hours ago, mjoakes said:

at one point on here we called them the Borg or Crown honks. guess we need a new nickname

• Like 1