2022 Season Predictions

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

Clearly the BEST places for pizza are in the Midwest.

Detroit is #1. Ohio's 3 largest cities are very high on the list; Cleveland is #2 and Columbus is #3, Cincy is #19.

Chicago is #14, New York is #22. Boston, Pittsburgh, and Philly are high on the list. California isn't as high on the list, but I bet they have the best Mexican, and Asian fare in the country, so....

https://anytimeestimate.com/research/best-pizza-cities-2022/

I never tried Detroit pizza but that’s down here.  I tried St. Louis pizza in St. Louis.  😬 with all due respect, it was horrible.  

• Haha 1

[reads the prediction thread]

So, based on pizza, its NOT a California year this time?

• Haha 4

My $0.02 worth...

Given this is a restart situation for a lot of people (everyone except Boston maybe), I would say the most important thing for anyone trying to win this year would be a stable organization that is doing a minimum of scrambling for $$$, housing, food, etc...    That would mean these are your contenders:

1. Blue Devils
  2. Vanguard
  3. Bluecoats
  4. Boston
  5. Crown
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I never tried Detroit pizza but that’s down here.  I tried St. Louis pizza in St. Louis.  😬 with all due respect, it was horrible.  

Since I am from Detroit, I would say the best Detroit style pizza comes from Buddy’s Pizza. I think I would look at the Florida take on Detroit style with a stink eye.

(But personally, I prefer New York style).

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Since I am from Detroit, I would say the best Detroit style pizza comes from Buddy’s Pizza. I think I would look at the Florida take on Detroit style with a stink eye.

(But personally, I prefer New York style).

I’m getting used to the New York. It’s okay.  I think I’ll fly back home in July and just eat for three or four days. 

• Like 1

Just can't get into NY style pizza.  1/8" of crust, a tablespoon of sauce, 1/2 cup of cheese... and then the toppings fall off.  I fall somewhere in-between deep dish and thin, but I want plenty of sauce, double cheese, and toppings buried in the cheese!  🍕🤗

17 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

[reads the prediction thread]

So, based on pizza, its NOT a California year this time?

Well played Sir.................well played lol.

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m getting used to the New York. It’s okay.  I think I’ll fly back home in July and just eat for three or four days. 

43 minutes ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Just can't get into NY style pizza.  1/8" of crust, a tablespoon of sauce, 1/2 cup of cheese... and then the toppings fall off.  I fall somewhere in-between deep dish and thin, but I want plenty of sauce, double cheese, and toppings buried in the cheese!  🍕🤗

New York style = "pizza on a cracker"  :bigsmile:

• Haha 2