2022 Season Predictions

15 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Few years back i went to a show here in SoCal. Towards the end of the night, this guy sitting behind me taps my shoulder, and tells me based off my reaction for each show, he couldn't tell who i root for. I told him i was Team BD, and he said my reaction for each corps was exactly the same and couldn't tell either way.

I took that as a compliment. Yes i am a BD Honk, yes i want my Devils to win, but i am also a DCI Honk. I stand up, cheer and support all corps. Do i like EVERY show, of course not. But i still give that corps/show a standing ovation because those kids are busting their butts to keep chuckleheads like me entertained during the summer. 

I feel it's ok for us to have our favorite corps, but still show respect to the others. The bashing and hating that takes place at times is just ridiculous and not needed. 

I’ve had similar experiences at Finals week. I will go to local establishments with my friends, all with different corps on their shirts. People ask, how can so many corps be represented in such a small group and be so jovial. We say, we’re just drum corps fans. And at the establishment where we are indulging libations, when we learn the new Champions,  regardless who wins, I am first to toast the victors … bumpers all around!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

If I’m ever on death row, pizza will be my last meal. 

Pray, that that does not happen.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’ve had similar experiences at Finals week. I will go to local establishments with my friends, all with different corps on their shirts. People ask, how can so many corps be represented in such a small group and be so jovial. We say, we’re just drum corps fans. And at the establishment where we are indulging libations, when we learn the new Champions,  regardless who wins, I am first to toast the victors … bumpers all around!

AND if Bloo wins, I buy the round! And the next one, too! Hey, it’s happened!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

AND if Bloo wins, I buy the round! And the next one, too! Hey, it’s happened!

I've said this before and I will say it again.

Bloo and BD need to team up and hold a seminar on "SWAG"

You best believe I will be in the front row with a pen and pad taking notes. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 1:17 PM, Terri Schehr said:

If I’m ever on death row, pizza will be my last meal. 

Let me tell you used to love American style pizza but when I went to Italy...that is a whole different ballgame. Sometimes less is better and with pizza that is the case. I don't like pizza stuffed with cheese. Pounds of fatty meats.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Let me tell you used to love American style pizza but when I went to Italy...that is a whole different ballgame. Sometimes less is better and with pizza that is the case. I don't like pizza stuffed with cheese. Pounds of fatty meats.

Yep Sicilian style US (lotta dough) ain’t what I got in Sicily when working there. Can’t go back to dough balls after that

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep Sicilian style US (lotta dough) ain’t what I got in Sicily when working there. Can’t go back to dough balls after that

I tend to look at them as different dishes, so I can enjoy each type of pizza on its own merits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I tend to look at them as different dishes, so I can enjoy each type of pizza on its own merits.

I’m also a pizza connoisseur.   They should have pizza tastings.  I could be a pizza sommelier.  Domino’s is that two buck Chuck crap from Trader Joe’s. 

• Thanks 1