2022 Season Predictions

11 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

There is no such thing as perfect but the highest with the numbers allotted. You can also be the best even with a drop. There are many elements that go into an entire production and a guard could literally have no visible errors yet have a very inferior product. 

With that all said, these top guards  ( ALL OF THEM ) aren't playing with alot of numbers so the high quality of a lower guard can certainly push those above them to appear to earn a so called " perfect score " 

Not perfect just highest.

This is correct. It reminds me of when the Cadets got a "perfect" score in percussion in 1987. Some people complained that nothing is perfect, but as was explained at the time, their score reflected maxing out the criteria on the sheet, not absolute perfection...although they were probably as close as you could get.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

That’s a complex sentence with a complex concept. I read it … took a sip of my Old Fashioned, read it again, and got it , and agreed. See? I keep saying bourbon helps. 

i got it sober. with bourbon i would have added to it 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, craiga said:

This is correct. It reminds me of when the Cadets got a "perfect" score in percussion in 1987. Some people complained that nothing is perfect, but as was explained at the time, their score reflected maxing out the criteria on the sheet, not absolute perfection...although they were probably as close as you could get.

yeah but that tear......

• 2 weeks later...

With ST underway, will there be any predictions when corps break for the road?  Any bold predictions?  Any rumors out there changing any early guesses? I’m doing ST visit next week and will make my guesses/predictions  after that.

• Like 1

The only thing I would say is that this season might well have alot to do with what each corps did or didn't do in the last 24 months.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 6:33 PM, GUARDLING said:

There is no such thing as perfect but the highest with the numbers allotted. You can also be the best even with a drop. There are many elements that go into an entire production and a guard could literally have no visible errors yet have a very inferior product. 

With that all said, these top guards  ( ALL OF THEM ) aren't playing with alot of numbers so the high quality of a lower guard can certainly push those above them to appear to earn a so called " perfect score " 

Not perfect just highest.

You summed this up pretty well. When BD got 10's from all  4 GE judges in 2014...that was a 40 in GE. Highest score one can get. Nothing is perfect. Correct me but didn't SCV get a 30 in GE in the 70's? Back then 30 pts was the highest one can get. And back at that time it was the "tick" judging system. 

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

You summed this up pretty well. When BD got 10's from all  4 GE judges in 2014...that was a 40 in GE. Highest score one can get. Nothing is perfect. Correct me but didn't SCV get a 30 in GE in the 70's? Back then 30 pts was the highest one can get. And back at that time it was the "tick" judging system. 

Thanks...and  Yes I believe so.. Even back during the tic system, even though a so called tic was a mistake and one would think you couldn't achieve a so called perfect score one was still working with just so many numbers and of course even a tic was kinda subjective and was the tic  seen was also part of it.

Highest mean highest. and that's it. 😉 which of course with such high levels of performance and achievement  from many corps is still quite an achievement.

Edited by GUARDLING