2022 Season Predictions

5 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Who has filled the ranks? Who has openings still?  No specifics of course just a sense there will be some shifting in the top 6.

Earlier this week, Bluecoats put out a tweet that there was an immediate need for a third trumpet. If I had to guess, that spot is already filled. 

4 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

I am going to become either ultra popular or ultra unpopular but I think it would be healthy if the Blue Devils finished 4th on championship finals night.  I am not a hater I am not a honk I just think from time to time shakeups in competitive activities are a good thing. 

If you don’t think this would be a good thing I would looove to hear why?   😀

If they merit fourth, then, yeah. Siotting them fourth just for a shakeup isn’t a good reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

49 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

If they merit fourth, then, yeah. Siotting them fourth just for a shakeup isn’t a good reason.

Well that 4th place brass placement  caused a shakeup for their brass staff didn't it?

14 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

I am going to become either ultra popular or ultra unpopular but I think it would be healthy if the Blue Devils finished 4th on championship finals night.  I am not a hater I am not a honk I just think from time to time shakeups in competitive activities are a good thing. 

So what if Tempus Blue is a Gold medal show that earned it's placement? We still need to demand that the judges put their integrity and character on the line and slot BD fourth for some stupid shakeups, so people like you can sleep better at night?

Screw that crap. Every corps needs to put their best foot forward, go balls to the wall, do the very best they can, may the best corps win, regardless of who it is. 

Nice to see the ABBD (Anybody But Blue Devils) crowd is alive and well in 2022. DCP wouldn't be the same without them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

So what if Tempus Blue is a Gold medal show that earned it's placement? We still need to demand that the judges put their integrity and character on the line and slot BD fourth for some stupid shakeups, so people like you can sleep better at night?

Screw that crap. Every corps needs to put their best foot forward, go balls to the wall, do the very best they can, may the best corps win, regardless of who it is. 

Nice to see the ABBD (Anybody But Blue Devils) crowd is alive and well in 2022. DCP wouldn't be the same without them.

As maybe the biggest Crown honk here I absolutely want BD to continue to set a standard other corps must overcome.  Want to win DCI?  You better be ready to take down Concord multiple times in a season.  Even more importantly, you better be strong in every caption because they will have no weak spots to exploit.  Move better, spin better, play better, design better and run your tour better.

If you want to see BD in fourth than all that goes triple because THREE corps need to do all of the above! 

Bring it on, Devils.:bluedevil:

Your friends at Crown!  👑

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Being a winner isn’t easy and that’s why there are more losers. BD loves the ABBD haters, because that means BD is on the right track. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

If they merit fourth, then, yeah. Sotting them fourth just for a shakeup isn’t a good reason.

Agreed. 

I believe the poster ( " Triple Forte " ) asked us if it would be good and healthy for the activity if... " IF "... the Blue Devils finished 4th this season. Yes, I do agree that " IF " this occurred, it could be good and healthy for the activity. A shakeup in placements of more than 1 or 2 placements up and down the placement lineup by the Corps would be deemed good, imo. Not just with the Blue Devils in the medals contending groups, but up and down the placements ranks, imo

Would it be good and healthy for the activity if the judges unfairly slotted the Blue Devils 4th then for this reason ?. No, it would not. That would be terrible and not good, nor healthy for the activity.  At all. Did " Triple Forte " suggest the judges do this ? From my reading of his comment above, no he did not. Might it have been better if " Triple Forte " suggested it would be good for the health of the activity to see more placement shifts this season up and down the DCI pecking order and not mention the Blue Devils by name ? Yes, imo.

The Blue Devils have set the standard in DCI for competitive excellence like no other.. 19 DCI Titles.  Even recently, from 2007-2019, the Blue Devils have finished either 1st or 2nd in all 13 of those seasons. I see no evidence that any of their their placements were not richly deserved here either, despite naysayers complaints we have heard or read about along the way from their competitors in the Blue Devils usual pecking order. I agree with the sentiment expressed also here that if you want to move up the DCI placements, then you must earn it. This sentiment not only applies to competition within the Blue Devils tier, but up and down the DCI placements.

Best of competitive success to all the Corps this season... Blue Devils included. This season is unprecedented in that DCI has never had such absence from judged competition for not 1 , but 2 seasons. Its remarkable all by itself to learn that we have not lost more corps to this pandemic caused absence from competition.  Each corps no doubt handled the 2 year absence in their own unique ways to make it work so that they could return to the field of competition this season in the best competitive shape possible for themselves... and with members and staff as healthy as humanely possible These Corps all are to be applauded for their efforts during these most trying of times for the activity. Congratulations to all of them for making it through, and best of success to all of them on the field of competition this summer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2022 at 6:35 PM, Poppycock said:

I’m going with the following for my top 12. 
BD, Bluecoats, Cavaliers, BAC, Crownies, SCV, Phantom, Cadets, Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Mandarins, and Crossmen. 

Yeah, I can see this possibility, too. Maybe switch Boston and Cavies spots along with Cadets ahead of Phantom. I haven't heard anything about the Bluecoats or Blue Stars, yet. The Bluecoats could end up being a consistent second and the Blue Stars could place as high as 8th and nothing lower than 10th. I'll be honest, and a little biased; I would love to see the Blue Stars place higher than 8th. 

• Like 1