2022 Season Predictions

23 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

I am going to become either ultra popular or ultra unpopular but I think it would be healthy if the Blue Devils finished 4th on championship finals night.  I am not a hater I am not a honk I just think from time to time shakeups in competitive activities are a good thing. 

If you don’t think this would be a good thing I would looove to hear why?   😀

Lol why did I think of Reading in the DCA world….. 

5 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Did " Triple Forte " suggest the judges do this ? From my reading of his comment above, no he did not.

I agree. I didn't think Triple Forte suggested BD be arbitrarily moved to 4th. I read it as suggesting some good for the activity if, based on merit, three other corps topped BD. That was a good question for a discussion forum. And I agree some shaking up of the usual order would be interesting this summer and potentially healthy for drum corps. But that doesn't mean I think the Blue Devils should be discriminated against.

If the Blue Devils earn top spot again – odds have to place them there – great. If a few other corps are so excellent they score better than BD, then good for those corps.

Thanks @Boss Anova for some fine critical thinking.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I agree. I didn't think Triple Forte suggested BD be arbitrarily moved to 4th. I read it as suggesting some good for the activity if, based on merit, three other corps topped BD. That was a good question for a discussion forum. And I agree some shaking up of the usual order would be interesting this summer and potentially healthy for drum corps. But that doesn't mean I think the Blue Devils should be discriminated against.

If the Blue Devils earn top spot again – odds have to place them there – great. If a few other corps are so excellent they score better than BD, then good for those corps.

Thanks @Boss Anova for some fine critical thinking.

Guess I failed "Critical Thinking" then. 

But then again I have a Los Angeles public education. Love me for who I am. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So, here goes:   Blue Devils, Boston, Bluecoats, Crown, Santa Clara, Cadets, Cavaliers, Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Phantom Regiment,  Mandarins, Academy,  

And before anyone's head explodes, remember it is only one person's opinion of what could be.

Edited by craiga
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, craiga said:

So, here goes:   Blue Devils, Boston, Bluecoats, Crown, Santa Clara, Cadets, Cavaliers, Blue Knights, Phantom Regiment,  Mandarins, Academy,  Madison

And before anyone's head explodes, remember it is only one person's opinion of what could be.

I may not agree with the order, but I like the corps on the list. I would love to see Madison back in the top 12

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lol why did I think of Reading in the DCA world….. 

well hey they didnt win last year or 2020

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well hey they didnt win last year or 2020

Neither did BD….. 😈😆

7 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Agreed. 

I believe the poster ( " Triple Forte " ) asked us if it would be good and healthy for the activity if... " IF "... the Blue Devils finished 4th this season. Yes, I do agree that " IF " this occurred, it could be good and healthy for the activity. A shakeup in placements of more than 1 or 2 placements up and down the placement lineup by the Corps would be deemed good, imo. Not just with the Blue Devils in the medals contending groups, but up and down the placements ranks, imo

Would it be good and healthy for the activity if the judges unfairly slotted the Blue Devils 4th then for this reason ?. No, it would not. That would be terrible and not good, nor healthy for the activity.  At all. Did " Triple Forte " suggest the judges do this ? From my reading of his comment above, no he did not. Might it have been better if " Triple Forte " suggested it would be good for the health of the activity to see more placement shifts this season up and down the DCI pecking order and not mention the Blue Devils by name ? Yes, imo.

The Blue Devils have set the standard in DCI for competitive excellence like no other.. 19 DCI Titles.  Even recently, from 2007-2019, the Blue Devils have finished either 1st or 2nd in all 13 of those seasons. I see no evidence that any of their their placements were not richly deserved here either, despite naysayers complaints we have heard or read about along the way from their competitors in the Blue Devils usual pecking order. I agree with the sentiment expressed also here that if you want to move up the DCI placements, then you must earn it. This sentiment not only applies to competition within the Blue Devils tier, but up and down the DCI placements.

Best of competitive success to all the Corps this season... Blue Devils included. This season is unprecedented in that DCI has never had such absence from judged competition for not 1 , but 2 seasons. Its remarkable all by itself to learn that we have not lost more corps to this pandemic caused absence from competition.  Each corps no doubt handled the 2 year absence in their own unique ways to make it work so that they could return to the field of competition this season in the best competitive shape possible for themselves... and with members and staff as healthy as humanely possible These Corps all are to be applauded for their efforts during these most trying of times for the activity. Congratulations to all of them for making it through, and best of success to all of them on the field of competition this summer.

Thank you so much for getting the gist of what I was posting.  I was not suggesting BD should drop to  fourth just because they are BD.  In my example they would finish fourth because their  “performance”  earned them 4th. 

I called out team Concord specifically again NOT because I am a hater or this or that  or anything else.  I mentioned them because if they dropped in placement it would be a bigger shift ie. shake up then seeing a 7th place corps from 2019 drop out of the top 12 ;  in my opinion.  That would  demonstrate a healthy competitive environment.  IMO 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, craiga said:

So, here goes:   Blue Devils, Boston, Bluecoats, Crown, Santa Clara, Cadets, Cavaliers, Blue Knights, Phantom Regiment,  Mandarins, Academy,  Madison

Like the boldness, and if anyone's head explodes, it would have to be the Blue Stars... ( my guess though, you forgot them ? )

10 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Like the boldness, and if anyone's head explodes, it would have to be the Blue Stars... ( my guess though, you forgot them ? )

Yes I did. Fixed.

• Like 1