2022 Season Predictions

36 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Thank you so much for getting the gist of what I was posting.  I was not suggesting BD should drop to  fourth just because they are BD.  In my example they would finish fourth because their  “performance”  earned them 4th. 

I called out team Concord specifically again NOT because I am a hater or this or that  or anything else.  I mentioned them because if they dropped in placement it would be a bigger shift ie. shake up then seeing a 7th place corps from 2019 drop out of the top 12 ;  in my opinion.  That would  demonstrate a healthy competitive environment.  IMO 

Or, a shakeup like a 12th place corps in 2016 finishing 6th in 2017.  Anything can happen.

I'm think I'm going to stick to my guns and say Cavies have a shot at finishing 1st. It's really not out of the question. 

However, I don't know if BD is going to drop to 4th. Is it possible? Absolutely, no doubt about it. Just not likely.

Plus, you also have to give credit to the corps that finished in the top 3 in brass. Honestly, The Cavaliers brass has improved a great deal. Truthfully, they have been on the up since 2016. I'm excited to see where Monte Mast can lead The Cavaliers. Heck, I loved what he did while I was at KF. 

However, Cavies need to improve in some categories. I would say marching technique needs to be a bit crisper. Basically, fundamentals need to be hammered in. I want to see percussion and guard finish in the top 3 as well. It'll be hard, but it's not impossible. 

To dare is to do

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I would say marching technique needs to be a bit crisper.

You're expecting actual marching in DCI? 🤣

• Haha 7

Any other corps who basically took a year off of performing and touring who have a ton of you predict that that corps would take a step back competitively, but no.... A bunch of people seem to think that BD won't skip a beat...

Color me amused...

I think the corps that actually fielded and went to Indy have better chance for competitive success this year.

Looking forward to  Bluecoats, Cavaliers, and Boston to do well. Thinking Crown will too. 

For me, SCV and BD are wildcards, especially  with their staff changes.

I could see both in 4th and 5th...

Every corps goes through cycles.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Any other corps who basically took a year off of performing and touring who have a ton of you predict that that corps would take a step back competitively, but no.... A bunch of people seem to think that BD won't skip a beat...

Color me amused...

I think the corps that actually fielded and went to Indy have better chance for competitive success this year.

Looking forward to  Bluecoats, Cavaliers, and Boston to do well. Thinking Crown will too. 

Truthfully, I can see that happening. 

I think it's mostly the respect a lot of people have with BD. Honestly, I'm one of them. But I can see them dropping. 

I have been watching The Cavaliers 2021 show and that hornline... whew. Calm, focused air flow, and they played effortlessly. It was soooo focused. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I'm think I'm going to stick to my guns and say Cavies have a shot at finishing 1st. It's really not out of the question. 

However, I don't know if BD is going to drop to 4th. Is it possible? Absolutely, no doubt about it. Just not likely.

Plus, you also have to give credit to the corps that finished in the top 3 in brass. Honestly, The Cavaliers brass has improved a great deal. Truthfully, they have been on the up since 2016. I'm excited to see where Monte Mast can lead The Cavaliers. Heck, I loved what he did while I was at KF. 

However, Cavies need to improve in some categories. I would say marching technique needs to be a bit crisper. Basically, fundamentals need to be hammered in. I want to see percussion and guard finish in the top 3 as well. It'll be hard, but it's not impossible. 

To dare is to do

Visual clarity was a bit of an issue for them in 2019, imo. I hope the brass line carries  through from where they were then.  They were so good.  Best line since 2002. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Visual clarity was a bit of an issue for them in 2019, imo. I hope the brass line carries  through from where they were then.  They were so good.  Best line since 2002. 

Yep! No arguments from my part. 

I believe in this staff. I'm 100% certain that they will do everything in their power to fix that. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Color me amused...

I remember Jordan walking away from basketball for two years, come back and three peat as if he never left. 

BD sure can do it too. And I think they will. See you in August. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I remember Jordan walking away from basketball for two years, come back and three peat as if he never left. 

BD sure can do it too. And I think they will. See you in August. 

True, but MJ played baseball. Different sport, but remained active as an athlete. 

Truthfully, BD is going to put out another fantastic show. Overall, I would say they are going to be just fine. 

• Like 1