2022 Season Predictions

8 hours ago, Gh4550 said:

That is 100% purposeful misinformation that’s being spread. Kind of like in 2016 when the Bluecoats socials kept saying the show was titled Agriculture. 

Well then. That's pretty hilarious. 

• Like 1

FWIW, just three weeks to June 24 and the San Diego show. Looks to me like that's the first one (though who knows if I am reading the DCI web page schedule correctly).

Two weeks from this coming Friday, in fact. The tour is coming on fast!

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 2:37 PM, craiga said:

So, here goes:   Blue Devils, Boston, Bluecoats, Crown, Santa Clara, Cadets, Cavaliers, Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Phantom Regiment,  Mandarins, Academy,  

And before anyone's head explodes, remember it is only one person's opinion of what could be.

After spending 8 days in Vermont, I am compelled to revise my prediction.   I now am flipping Boston to 1st place and BD to second.  People will jump all over me calling me a "homer". While that may be true, I have been in the activity since 1979, and in those 43 years, I have never, ever, not once even suggested that the Boston Crusaders could end up winning 1st.  Until now.

• Like 6

I hear Crown brass is no joke. I hear BAC guard is no joke. I'm going to hazard a guess and say SCV percussion will have a leg up (as they always tend to given the UNT connection) 
BD Bluecoats and Cavies are the biggest question marks in my mind at the moment. Would love if anybody could weigh in with their thoughts and/or observations.

11 hours ago, craiga said:

After spending 8 days in Vermont, I am compelled to revise my prediction.   I now am flipping Boston to 1st place and BD to second.  People will jump all over me calling me a "homer". While that may be true, I have been in the activity since 1979, and in those 43 years, I have never, ever, not once even suggested that the Boston Crusaders could end up winning 1st.  Until now.

Well after 8 days of watching anyone I too would put them in first. Good for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, craiga said:

I’m looking forward to seeing them but I have a hard time seeing them finish in the top 3.  I don’t doubt they’re great but outside of guard, they have to improve substantially in every caption RELATIVE to those that finished above them in 2019 to finish that high.  It’s so competitive at the top, that’s a really tall task.  I have my doubts that they finish higher than 5th, with 4th as a real stretch.

Ok, whew. I had to go back through all 30 some-odd pages of this and make sure I didn't give any specific ,outrageous predictions. Just a couple of wishful thoughts on a top 12 shakeup and a couple of comments after the thread diverted to pizza talk. 

There are plenty of bold ones, however. At least the ones predicting there'll be no competitive season in 2022 turned out to be wrong though I guess they still have two weeks to be right.

1 hour ago, DrummerParent said:

I’m looking forward to seeing them but I have a hard time seeing them finish in the top 3.  I don’t doubt they’re great but outside of guard, they have to improve substantially in every caption RELATIVE to those that finished above them in 2019 to finish that high.  It’s so competitive at the top, that’s a really tall task.  I have my doubts that they finish higher than 5th, with 4th as a real stretch.

Clearly, I wouldn't have made such a bold prediction if they had not improved tremendously across the board.   For the record,  they had improved considerably in 2021 over 2019.  I get that some folks like to pretend that 2021 didn't happen, but it did, and BAC took the season seriously. The hornline in particular has grown exponentially from 2021 and that hornline had done the same over 2019, both in numbers and quality.

Should Boston actually end up in the top 3, I wonder what the over and under will be on people saying, "it's not fair! Corps X, Y, or Z didn't go to Indy in 2021....."

• Like 1