2022 Season Predictions

10 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

but Wrong Side Of The Tracks was an animal, and i was very grateful they came out West

Best show of that summer.

• Like 2

Are you guys out of your minds? You're going to work Hook'Em up into such a frenzy with this Cavalier praise, he'll be like a 10 year old on Red Bull. 

• Haha 8

54 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The ballad was magical.  It had the best musical moment of the season. I watch the video often.  On 11. 

Yes!  The Thomas Newman piece; love Thomas Newman's "Meet Joe Black" & "The Judge".  Those soundtracks will bring a tear to ya eye...  here's "I Choose You".  I really thought "The Judge" was underrated.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Are you guys out of your minds? You're going to work Hook'Em up into such a frenzy with this Cavalier praise, he'll be like a 10 year old on Red Bull. 

Hahaha! I'm always pumped up! Cavies deserve every bit of praise. I just hope it translates this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Hahaha! I'm always pumped up! Cavies deserve every bit of praise. I just hope it translates this year.

They had one heck of a brass line in 2019. If they get that quality again this year and a percussion section of similar quality then I am really interested to see what they do with this show. This also sets up to be a show that features the guard heavily. I believe the top 6 or 7 corps are going to be amazing and the competition will be fierce. But it's the quality of musicianship and overall show design that I mostly look for. In the end I do not remember great seasons solely based on who wins. 

• Like 3

For my take BD really wants that number 20. 19 is fantastic but the number 20 is legendary. I don't see in my lifetime someone else going past 20 other than Blue Devils. The next corps close to BD would be the Cadets at 10.

Edited by DFA1970
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

They had one heck of a brass line in 2019. If they get that quality again this year and a percussion section of similar quality then I am really interested to see what they do with this show. This also sets up to be a show that features the guard heavily. I believe the top 6 or 7 corps are going to be amazing and the competition will be fierce. But it's the quality of musicianship and overall show design that I mostly look for. In the end I do not remember great seasons solely based on who wins. 

The best brassline since 2002.  I hope they continue that momentum. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I said the same thing three years ago 😂 

The visual was a little cluttered.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2