2022 Season Predictions

11 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

I loved that opening hit. Was not expecting that. 

No kidding. They made that statement like, "We're coming back, baby Watch out."

It may not be a '22 return to Finals, but they'll get there. 

• Like 1

Spring Training is breaking this week for many corps and the competitive season is days away.  Best of luck and safe travels to all.  Last chance for preseason guesses (aka predictions) now that shows are finishing and leaks are happening.

Who will be the surprise corps?  The surprise brass line?  Percussion?  Guard?  Who is up? Who is down? My bold prediction is a changed top 6.  Maybe the same 6, but different placements for all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh what the heck, its prediction time and there are no right or wrong answers as its preseason and its just guesswork, but if its bold predictions folks might want to see predicted, I suppose here's a bold one one of the top of my head here in preseason :

On July 19th 2022 ( this season ), at approx. 11:52 PM central time, in the Broken Arrow, Oklahoma DCI competition, it will be announced by the score announcer with the scores that the Boston Crusaders have topped the Blue Devils in competition this night.  The historical significance of this will be that this will be the 1st time the Boston Crusaders have topped the Blue Devils in DCI competition since the founding of DCI  ( and the only remaining World Class Division Corps Boston Crusaders have never topped in DCI Competition. ).

There, I said it, what the heck.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Oh what the heck, its prediction time and there are no right or wrong answers as its preseason and its just guesswork, but if its bold predictions folks might want to see predicted, I suppose here's a bold one one of the top of my head here in preseason :

On July 22nd, 2022 ( this season ), at approx. 10:52 PM central time, in the Broken Arrow, Oklahoma DCI competition, it will be announced by the score announcer with the scores that the Boston Crusaders have topped the Blue Devils in competition this night.  The historical significance of this will be that this will be the 1st time the Boston Crusaders have topped the Blue Devils in DCI competition since the founding of DCI  ( and the only remaining World Class Division Corps Boston Crusaders have never topped in DCI Competition. ).

There, I said it, what the heck.

Way to take a baseball bat to the hornets nest.🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Locking in my pre-season predictions, with colored tiers:

1. Bluecoats
2. Blue Devils

3. The Cavaliers
4. Boston Crusaders
5. Carolina Crown
6. Santa Clara Vanguard 

7. Blue Knights
8. The Cadets
9. Mandarins
10. Blue Stars

11. Phantom Regiment
12. Crossmen

Edited by Narrow
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Way to take a baseball bat to the hornets nest.🤣

Bold predictions are just that... bold.  Some predictions in the end wont pan out, others will. But in the baseball metaphor here,  at least I got to the plate and took my swing with my bat with this. Maybe I'll whiff... but then again,..  who knows...maybe not... haha!🤣

Edited by Boss Anova

7 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Bold predictions are just that... bold.  Some predictions in the end wont pan out, others will. But in the baseball metaphor here,  at least I got to the plate and took my swing with my bat with this. Maybe I'll whiff... but then again,..  who knows...maybe not... haha!🤣

You may not be alone in this.   BD stalwart Chief Guns posted that he has just seen Boston's show, and that he thinks BAC is a "legit contender in 2022". Hmmm....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, craiga said:

You may not be alone in this.   BD stalwart Chief Guns posted that he has just seen Boston's show, and that he thinks BAC is a "legit contender in 2022". Hmmm....

I got a much different vibe!

Edited by Poppycock
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I seen it, pretty dry for my taste. Amazing talent, but the production is bah!

I respect your opinions Poppy, but I don't know which version of the show you guys are seeing.  I was in Castleton their entire last week, and there was actually only one complete run through  with all sections due to a number of factors and that particular run the guard wasn't allowed to throw due to weather. Hopefully, you will find the complete production more to your liking in Detroit. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1