2022 Season Predictions

15 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I would say the highest score comes in 1st. Winning can be #1 spot or 12th spot or even 20th😁

I agree.  When we made finals, I always felt like we won.  That’s either really good or bad that I had such low expectations.  I’m not sure. 🤔

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I agree.  When we made finals, I always felt like we won.  That’s either really good or bad that I had such low expectations.  I’m not sure. 🤔

Expectations are put on ourselves   " Winning can be a jump in spots or merely making it on the field. 1st place is great but success and I believe winning is only judged by those who set the personal goals.

LOL..I sound like a self help book for Drum Corps...lol But I do believe that reaching our goals as a focus and not the goals of others brings many rewards and even often those numbers or spots many strive for.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Expectations are put on ourselves   " Winning can be a jump in spots or merely making it on the field. 1st place is great but success and I believe winning is only judged by those who set the personal goals.

LOL..I sound like a self help book for Drum Corps...lol But I do believe that reaching our goals as a focus and not the goals of others brings many rewards and even often those numbers or spots many strive for.

It was a miracle that we made it on the field in 1978 and more of a miracle that we made finals.  There were very few people who toughed out that winter and kept it going.  I don’t think a lot of people know that. I’ll take that as a win.  It was certainly a character builder. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

That is such a good point. For my friends in Sky Ryders in '88, winning was making finals. For my friends in Crossmen in '89, winning was making finals. I'm sure many corps have felt this. I think the most heartbreaking losses are placing 2nd or 13th.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

That is such a good point. For my friends in Sky Ryders in '88, winning was making finals. For my friends in Crossmen in '89, winning was making finals. I'm sure many corps have felt this. I think the most heartbreaking losses are placing 2nd or 13th.

and 26th

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JAZZER said:

and 26th

True story. The year I won - winning for me would have been placing 4th, because that's the highest placement I thought we could get before the season started. It was one of those times in life when you end up being so happy to be wrong.