2022 Season Predictions

Based on what I’ve seen so far this season. Gaps in text indicating score gaps.

1. Bluecoats (win GE, Guard)

2. Boston Crusaders (win brass, percussion)

3. Blue Devils (win visual) 

4. Carolina Crown

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Blue Stars

7. Mandarins

8. Cadets

9. Blue Knights

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Cavaliers

12. Academy

13. Madison Scouts

14. Crossmen

15. Colts

16. Troopers

17. Music City

18. Pacific Crest

19. Genesis

20. Jersey Surf

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

4. Carolina Crown

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Blue Stars

7. Mandarins

8. Cadets

9. Blue Knights

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Cavaliers

12. Academy

13. Madison Scouts

14. Crossmen

15. Colts

16. Troopers

17. Music City

18. Pacific Crest

19. Genesis

20. Jersey Surf

Cavies in 11th??? lol….have you ever watched drum corps before? You do realize that the corps lowest placement in 35+Years was 9th in 2015 and that was because 90% of the corps caught a stomach virus. They had to drop out of competitions because there weren’t enough members to field a show. They’ve only not been in the Top Six four times since 1985.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

4. Carolina Crown

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Blue Stars

7. Mandarins

8. Cadets

9. Blue Knights

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Cavaliers

12. Academy

13. Madison Scouts

14. Crossmen

15. Colts

16. Troopers

17. Music City

18. Pacific Crest

19. Genesis

20. Jersey Surf

I am optimistic for crusaders, but I really don’t see them winning brass this year, the favorite is still crown in that regard and I think their consistently excellent performance will reflect that. Percussion I can see more than brass even though BD and SCV are fearsome contenders for that crown, it’ll definitely be a strength for Boston!

• Like 1

Just now, Vidal28Rdg said:

I am optimistic for crusaders, but I really don’t see them winning brass this year, the favorite is still crown in that regard and I think their consistently excellent performance will reflect that. Percussion I can see more than brass even though BD and SCV are fearsome contenders for that crown, it’ll definitely be a strength for Boston!

Boston is already very clean despite having a very challenging book. I think this is the year for them to win brass. We’ll see though

14 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Cavies in 11th??? lol….have you ever watched drum corps before? You do realize that the corps lowest placement in 35+Years was 9th in 2015 and that was because 90% of the corps caught a stomach virus. They had to drop out of competitions because there weren’t enough members to field a show. They’ve only not been in the Top Six four times since 1985.

what’s drum corps?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Big Bird said:

Boston is already very clean despite having a very challenging book. I think this is the year for them to win brass. We’ll see though

I heard Crown tonight live and I predict no one will beat them in brass this year.  I repeat no one will beat them in Brass, as they play more notes in part two than the entire Boston show combined.  Their book is insane and only can be compared to 2012 from a level of difficulty perspective.  Sorry if this is a strong opinion or it hurts feelings.

-Carry on!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, B-Flat said:

I heard Crown tonight live and I predict no one will beat them in brass this year.  I repeat no one will beat them in Brass, as they play more notes in part two than the entire Boston show combined.  Their book is insane and only can be compared to 2012 from a level of difficulty perspective.  Sorry if this is a strong opinion or it hurts feelings.

-Carry on!

Can’t wait to see it Saturday night!

1 minute ago, B-Flat said:

-Carry on!

No hurt feelings here. It’s the time for predictions. We can all feel vindicated or be crushed by reality in a couple of weeks 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dpsouthern81 said:

Can’t wait to see it Saturday night!

Crown's show is not only insanely difficult (visually and musically), but also very entertaining.  The guard is stunning as I predict they will be top 3 for sure.  Their rifle and saber work is very clean and difficult.

• Like 3