2022 Season Predictions

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

This is the least I’ve ever seen from everyone going into the season.  Next week will be fun to see a lot of shows completely for the first time. 

Boston’s show is complete.  Very full.  Has been done for over 2 weeks now.  They had finished it about a week and a half before ST was done.  Now they finished 2 full days in DuBois,PA and are in Erie, PA for I think, 4 days.  Then to Detroit.  Detroit will be exciting for corps as the east gets underway.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Their repertoire leads me to believe I. won’t be led down a tunnel of darkness and despair.  Or some kind of Marvel comic book translated to the drum corps field where I have no idea what I’m watching. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

In the 12(?) years that Ryan George has arranged for Boston, Boston has not produced anything greater than a 5th place hornline. Don't think it's very far fetched to be extremely skeptical that they're somehow going to win the Ott this year when other corps also have their better arrangers returning. I will be interested to see how SCV fares without JD Shaw

To be fair, Boston hasn’t had the talent in the earlier years with Ryan.  Now there is Gino and his team there to build and nurture the talent and enable Ryan to create more with his writing and Gino to pull it off.  Bostons brass has greatly improved  since Gino has been there.  Last years Boston Brass was really good and some more knowledgeable than me put them on par or slightly better than Bloo.  We will soon see everyone and can then more appropriately compare the reality with reputations.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Their repertoire leads me to believe I. won’t be led down a tunnel of darkness and despair.  Or some kind of Marvel comic book translated to the drum corps field where I have no idea what I’m watching. 

The rep really grew on me. I was on the fence, but I kinda bought into it. 

• Like 1