2022 Season Predictions

52 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Boston’s show is complete.  Very full.  Has been done for over 2 weeks now.  They had finished it about a week and a half before ST was done.  Now they finished 2 full days in DuBois,PA and are in Erie, PA for I think, 4 days.  Then to Detroit.  Detroit will be exciting for corps as the east gets underway.

I just meant this is the least I have personally seen going into the season.  My video sources were kinda bone dry this year 😂

My revised early season predictions for finals night:

1. Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Bluecoats

4. Boston Crusaders

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Cavilers

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Cadets

9. Mandarins

10. Blue Knights

11. BlueStars

12. Colts or Academy

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I just meant this is the least I have personally seen going into the season.  My video sources were kinda bone dry this year 😂

Understood.  I saw people were seeing secret videos.  I guess I’m not connected well enough to that dark side of dc.  LOL.  I’ve seen Boston live at ST and CIP and I can tell you, their brass is really good.  Big at 80 brass and a little different sound than previous recent years,by way of Ryan’s writing and instrumentation.

9 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Cavies in 11th??? lol….have you ever watched drum corps before? You do realize that the corps lowest placement in 35+Years was 9th in 2015 and that was because 90% of the corps caught a stomach virus. They had to drop out of competitions because there weren’t enough members to field a show. They’ve only not been in the Top Six four times since 1985.

To be fair, those aren't predictions. Those are a wish list. Predictions are meant to be taking your best educated guess. Clearly not happening with this one, LOL. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Cavies in 11th??? lol….have you ever watched drum corps before? You do realize that the corps lowest placement in 35+Years was 9th in 2015 and that was because 90% of the corps caught a stomach virus. They had to drop out of competitions because there weren’t enough members to field a show. They’ve only not been in the Top Six four times since 1985.

The norovirus outbreak killed the momentum that had been building something fierce.  I felt so bad for them.  I also shuddered thinking about the bathroom situation.  When I had it, I didn’t know whether to sit on the throne or kneel before it.  I wished my own death several times during that 24 hour period.   At least, it’s short lived is the only good thing  I can say about it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Big Bird said:

Based on what I’ve seen so far this season. Gaps in text indicating score gaps.

1. Bluecoats (win GE, Guard)

2. Boston Crusaders (win brass, percussion)

3. Blue Devils (win visual) 

4. Carolina Crown

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Blue Stars

7. Mandarins

8. Cadets

9. Blue Knights

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Cavaliers

12. Academy

13. Madison Scouts

14. Crossmen

15. Colts

16. Troopers

17. Music City

18. Pacific Crest

19. Genesis

20. Jersey Surf

Cavies in 11th....... hmmmmmmm

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Cavies in 11th....... hmmmmmmm

Easy there, killer. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

To be fair, those aren't predictions. Those are a wish list. Predictions are meant to be taking your best educated guess. Clearly not happening with this one, LOL. 

I’ve seen every corps in the top 12 at this point except for the Blue Stars and recent videos of Crown. This is an educated guess 🙂

2 hours ago, B-Flat said:

My revised early season predictions for finals night:

1. Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Bluecoats

4. Boston Crusaders

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Cavilers

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Cadets

9. Mandarins

10. Blue Knights

11. BlueStars

12. Colts or Academy

Completely agree with this. Mostly due to the 12 place and then maybe 3 and 5 could swap. This is with what I’ve come to after seeing previous rehearsals of a few corps and what I saw last night, as well as rumblings from those at rehearsals I haven’t seen.