2022 Season Predictions

The hornline is the caption that's going to carry the Blue Stars, this year. The guard, per usual, is being challenged and we all know it takes an entire season for that caption to master the show. The drumline is the area of concern. Again, just being honest; they sounded really, really rough. 

2 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

The drumline is the area of concern. Again, just being honest; they sounded really, really rough. 

They did. It could have been re-writes or late comers but it sounded a bit "shoes in a dryer" at some spots. I won't count them out though because most of us have been there at some point or another. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Possibly,  but guard is strong, brass is strong. 

Their percussion sounded stronger than in recent years as well!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triple Forte said:

So I have a question for the predictions braintrust out here… 🤪

Does the Academy reclaim a top 12 spot this season?

Unfortunately, no. Potential fan favorite shows are denied. It's DCI's return to the pre-pandemic era. I don't think we'll see another year like 2021 again. Don't get me wrong - the corps are fabulous and talented as much as ever, but so far it just seems to me that the let me entertain you factor is gone again. 

20 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Unfortunately, no. Potential fan favorite shows are denied. It's DCI's return to the pre-pandemic era. I don't think we'll see another year like 2021 again. Don't get me wrong - the corps are fabulous and talented as much as ever, but so far it just seems to me that the let me entertain you factor is gone again. 

Personally,  I thought most of the 2021 shows were snoozefests other than Phantom

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I think Scouts are looking better prepared than The Academy.  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Personally,  I thought most of the 2021 shows were snoozefests other than Phantom

!! Not even Cavies?? They were my absolute favorite. So fun, and so charismatic.