2022 Season Predictions

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I agree Phantom is on the up and up, but the only reason they are currently beating the Blue Stars is because of Blue Stars percussion scores.

Blue Stars show isn't a French show. War & Peace is Russian and the music is largely by Russian composers. Of course, the story chronicles Napoleon's invasion of Russia, but it's a Russian story, not a French one.

Ouchhhhhh. Just looked at the recaps for DCI C. Indiana. That's a low percussion score. I'll have to see if I can find a lot video.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I agree Phantom is on the up and up, but the only reason they are currently beating the Blue Stars is because of Blue Stars percussion scores.

Blue Stars show isn't a French show. War & Peace is Russian and the music is largely by Russian composers. Of course, the story chronicles Napoleon's invasion of Russia, but it's a Russian story, not a French one.

For show ideas that I had in my mind, I had an idea of a show that would be describing the emotions of the leaders(Napoleon) and the soldiers on each side of the conflict, specifically the despair(and delusion of Napoleon) and the soldiers that are seeing their army being obliterated, contrasted with the rage and resolve of the Russian army as they push them back. For those that complain about their show looking too busy prop wise, I imagined it with what is a simple depiction,  but still cool, with Russia represented by Moscow’s St. Basil’s Cathedral on one side of the field and a famous French landmark on the other(neither the Arc de Triomphe or Eiffel Tower were completed at the time so I can’t use those, probably the palace at Versailles I can use). The current political climate has soured my prospects of anyone being receptive to this show concept positively, but I still think it’s a pretty cool idea haha. Im glad no one’s really given Blue Stars any heat for the show they’ve chosen to do though!

Edit: for the cathedral I imagined it being on fire to signify the aftermath of the occupation of Moscow and the beginning of the retreat, either by a big guard moment with flaming flags or a similar pyro-ish effect to Crusaders, thought that would be cool👀

Edited by Vidal28Rdg

A couple weeks. Update time...
1. Blue Devils (the safest bet)
2. Carolina Crown
3. Bluecoats
4. Santa Clara Vanguard
5. Boston Crusaders
6. Cavaliers
7. Cadets
8. Phantom Regiment
9. Mandarins
10. Blue Stars
11. Blue Knights
12. Crossmen (just by the skin of their teeth) The battle for twelfth is going to be just as fierce as the three way fight for first.
13. Colts
14. Troopers (I'm intrigued by what the Troopers have going on. They were really strong, last year, and could also be challenging for that 12th spot. Might have to swap them and the Colts down the way. In addition, last year's uniforms were awesome and much better than their Magic Mike and The Orville outfits.)
15. Academy
16. Madison Scouts
17. Pacific Crest
18. Music City
19. Genesis
20. Jersey Surf

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

For show ideas that I had in my mind, I had an idea of a show that would be describing the emotions of the leaders(Napoleon) and the soldiers on each side of the conflict, specifically the despair(and delusion of Napoleon) and the soldiers that are seeing their army being obliterated, contrasted with the rage and resolve of the Russian army as they push them back. For those that complain about their show looking too busy prop wise, I imagined it with what is a simple depiction,  but still cool, with Russia represented by Moscow’s St. Basil’s Cathedral on one side of the field and a famous French landmark on the other(neither the Arc de Triomphe or Eiffel Tower were completed at the time so I can’t use those, probably the palace at Versailles I can use). The current political climate has soured my prospects of anyone being receptive to this show concept positively, but I still think it’s a pretty cool idea haha. Im glad no one’s really given Blue Stars any heat for the show they’ve chosen to do though!

Edit: for the cathedral I imagined it being on fire to signify the aftermath of the occupation of Moscow and the beginning of the retreat, either by a big guard moment with flaming flags or a similar pyro-ish effect to Crusaders, thought that would be cool👀

I kinda like that idea. The Bridgemen's War Between the States minus the cheesy fake beards on Grant and Lee. 

• Like 1

I don’t think I’ve made a prediction contribution in here. Here’s mine and I’m sticking with it 

1. Blue Devils

2. Carolina Crown

3. Bluecoats

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Cavaliers 

6. Boston Crusaders 

7. Blue Stars

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Cadets

10. Mandarins 

11. Blue Knights

12. Colts

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I don’t think I’ve made a prediction contribution in here. Here’s mine and I’m sticking with it 

1. Blue Devils

2. Carolina Crown

3. Bluecoats

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Cavaliers 

6. Boston Crusaders 

7. Blue Stars

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Cadets

10. Mandarins 

11. Blue Knights

12. Colts

Interesting, I'm not sure who #12 will be, going to be close...

16 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

1. Blue Devils

2. Carolina Crown

3. Bluecoats

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Cavaliers 

6. Boston Crusaders 

7. Blue Stars

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Cadets

10. Mandarins 

11. Blue Knights

12. Colts

If I did predictions this would be it. 

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

1. Blue Devils

2. Carolina Crown

3. Bluecoats

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Cavaliers 

6. Boston Crusaders 

7. Blue Stars

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Cadets

10. Mandarins 

11. Blue Knights

12. Colts

Seems pretty accurate to me. What a fun season! I just think this is Colts year to finally break into Finals night!