Satisfy them.

Lol.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

LMAO!!!

Well BD has needs. 

Satisfy them.

Lol.

Personally, I think BD is going to come out hot AF.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2022 at 9:28 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Personally, I think BD is going to come out hot AF.

Yes i strongly believe this too. But i also think we're in for some big surprises from few elite corps, but BD is Definitely coming to own the competition.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 12:43 PM, LabMaster said:

Hey don’t sell Boston short.  They are climbing and consensus is they are closer to breaking into the top 3 than regressing.  As far as newness to top 6, I’ll remind you that Boston since breaking into the top 12 in 99, has been a finalist ever since.  A claim only a few corps can make; finalist 21 straight years.  During that time Boston has been 5th three times, 6th three times.  So they aren’t quite so new as you may think.  They put together a show last year with a competitive edge and it was quite successful.  As far as show design; I have faith in this  experienced design team, musically and visually, especially the guard.  Who knows what this year brings for shows.  Will last years nostalgia productions continue or just be a one off?  Will those who did not participate lose any ground or will those corps who did “tour” gain on them?  
I predict slight changes in who is in the top 12. But possible significant shifts among the top eight.

If we're going for consistency in the past 21 years, Cadets absolutely have a win over Boston.  My predictions have definetely changed but I don't see Boston medaling still.  Maybe a 4th place.  People were saying Boston would medal in 2019.  They dropped a placement.  2021 was an awkward show. They effectively forced almost all drill to the right side of the field for a show that was supposed to be about being virtual when all signs pointed to it being more about extremem sports (in my opinion).  I'm not trying to crap all over Boston but I don't think they should be put on a pedestal until they actually make it to that pedestal if that makes sense.  From what I've heard, the two corps rising the most this year will be Boston and Cadets.  

I think that unless a corps has very similar staff from its 2019 counterparts, going off 2019 is not a great option for predicting.  And cadets wont be going through 5 drill writers like they did in 2019 lol.  Massive  positve changes were made, especiall after our corps director was the assistant director at Boston during their 2017-2019 period of massive improvement.

54 minutes ago, guard2004 said:

If we're going for consistency in the past 21 years, Cadets absolutely have a win over Boston.  My predictions have definetely changed but I don't see Boston medaling still.  Maybe a 4th place.  People were saying Boston would medal in 2019.  They dropped a placement.  2021 was an awkward show. They effectively forced almost all drill to the right side of the field for a show that was supposed to be about being virtual when all signs pointed to it being more about extremem sports (in my opinion).  I'm not trying to crap all over Boston but I don't think they should be put on a pedestal until they actually make it to that pedestal if that makes sense.  From what I've heard, the two corps rising the most this year will be Boston and Cadets.  

I think that unless a corps has very similar staff from its 2019 counterparts, going off 2019 is not a great option for predicting.  And cadets wont be going through 5 drill writers like they did in 2019 lol.  Massive  positve changes were made, especiall after our corps director was the assistant director at Boston during their 2017-2019 period of massive improvement.

For the record, this will be year 5 for Boston's entire design team and caption heads and nearly 80% of their techs.

12 hours ago, guard2004 said:

Well no one put them on any pedestal.  At least not yet.  Last year was not awkward as much as it allowed for experimenting with a medium many corps I’m sure were curious about.  Many corps did shows that would not have been their typical competitive programs but last year was for entertainment and every corps was exceptionally successful in doing so.  It was a fun summer for fan entertainment.  Cadets are fortunate to have Ron in charge and everyone wishes him the best.  Boston has made some staffing changes (Gino as Asst. Director) but the core of their programming and design is seasoned enough with this org to take the next steps forward. The move into top 3 is unquestionably huge.  It may not seem so points wise but breaking through is hard.  But this staff, in previous lives, has been at the top.  That bodes well.  And as always, management gives them free reign and full support. This should be another good year for fans.  I’m hoping so.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Putting aside my biased opinion, lol, I think top 5 or 6 are going to duke it out. Obviously, the Blue Devils are always going to be the favorite for a title like how Crown is the favorite to win brass. But after listening/watching a lot of shows these past few months, well, I think we are in it for a competitive season. Here are my reasons why.....

To start it off, the pandemic. I'm sure most corps are hungry to get back out there and compete at the highest level. Missing a whole season sure made me hungry to see where The Cavaliers can still go. 

Boston has greatly improved since 2016, like, they kinda remind me of Star of Indiana. Kinda, not exactly, but they have. It wouldn't surprise me if they jump in the top four. 

Phantoms show in 2021 was memorable. I loved having a blast from the past from when I was first introduced to DCI on ESPN in 2003. Sooooo many incredible memories as a middle school kid being introduced to marching when my older brother was a freshmen. My mother leaned over and asked me what I thought of marching during halftime, I said and I quote "looks like fun". Yeah. I shared that story on here before, but Baah lol. Basically, I think that show will attract A LOT of talent to Phantom and they will compete for a top six spot. Yes, I said it... top six. Bold, but hey its preseason. 

For the Blue Devils... I don't need to explain. They are the Blue Devils and they always come out swinging for a championship. They set the tone for excellence and I can't deny it. Love or hate them, I admire them for what they have done as an organization.

Crown, for me, and I hope no one takes any offense to this... their shows haven't done much for me since 2016. Shoot, they could put something together this upcoming season and blow me away with pure excellence. But.... right now, idk. Their brass is ALWAYS kicking butt and that's  awesome, but I don't know, their shows just grab me like they used to. In NO way is this a bash towards Carolina Crown. I remember cheering them on in 2008 and they stayed at my high school for the show in Houston (my first year seeing a live show). But I hope they change my mind this season. 

I haven't heard much news from SCV. I still think they finish in the top five. They have a great staff and they attract great talent. 

For the Bluecoats.... I predict a show based from a group from the 60s or 70s.  Top three or four finish.

The Cavaliers.... whew, lol so much to say. 2016 was the year that got The Cavaliers going again. 2019 showed us that the future is bright for the Green Machine. Finishing third in brass with some captions in the top four and some top three finishes in sub captions can spark something special. A great example is Phantom 2007 and 2008. Truthfully, I am optimistic that The Cavaliers can finish in the top three. If they somehow pull off a championship....... whew, lol!!!! I might have to take a personal day that Monday following championship weekend. Is it out of reach? Ohhhh no, I believe in this staff, the marching members, and us fellow cavies fans. But I will say this... they ARE the corps The Cavaliers and there is no corps they fear. More or less, if there was a moment for me to show my cavies spirit this might the right time. Shoot, I just bought a truck and I'm prepared to deck her out with cavies stuff. 

But it to sum it up.... I'm cheering for everyone and will be clapping after every show. 

As for overall placements.... I plan on working on that tonight. I might watch some shows from 2007 and work on that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Crown, for me, and I hope no one takes any offense to this... their shows haven't done much for me since 2016.

Same here. And I think we just have to accept in drum corps that not all corps or shows have to get everyone of us excited. Crown is great, super high quality in what they do. I just have not dug them since, again, 2016.

Used to be that way for the Blue Devils. I applaud their unmatched stay at the top of drum corps. But only recently have I found their really appealing.

Appreciating the quality and talent on display in a show doesn't have to always lead to getting goosebumps over the show itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1