2022 Season Predictions

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

it takes time for a staff to truly gel, and as you keep adding pieces it can get better. Look at SCV....first Rennick, then Shaw, and finally Gaines getting involved and boom! I am not sure what the missing chunk in Bostons armor is, but the talent in the top 6/7 is incredible now, and that makes movig up harder. Look at Bloo.....13th in 99, didnt medal til 10, then again didn't medal til 14. Finally won in 16, and at the top since.

Crown missed in 02. didn't medal til 09. Stayed i the hunt since, but only has 13 for a win. it's that #### deep up there

This is true, but hey, stranger things have happened. And I like to be optimistic lol

Edited by Hook'emCavies

49 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

The first time I saw them staging their 2014 production, I thought they were setting up for a yard sale or church bazaar.  I was looking for some cookies & cupcakes.  :spitting:  

That’s another thing… their props are used well.  Other corps get ideas from them, not naming names.  That Ghostlight prop was great.  And I hate props. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Liahona said:

I don't think you are being fair here and being a bit disengenous towards BD. They write designs that are meant to win.  PERIOD.

As far as meant to please crowds, I personally have many times(not always) been VERY pleased with their show. I would easily put say 2017 in my top 6 of all-time performances from any corps.

I've spoken to MMs at BD who basically told me they put things in their show to intentionally put the audience off. I find that they drive show design for everyone else in the activity and I haven't been a fan of their shows since godfather part blue because it told a coherent story. 

There's the other issue that I haven't seen addressed which is that they soak up the talent of other corps. They obviously have the best talent year to year but the corps is soulless in my opinion because the majority of the members are ring chasing transplants and the staff are a bunch of fart sniffing snobs. 

18 minutes ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

I've spoken to MMs at BD who basically told me they put things in their show to intentionally put the audience off. I find that they drive show design for everyone else in the activity and I haven't been a fan of their shows since godfather part blue because it told a coherent story. 

There's the other issue that I haven't seen addressed which is that they soak up the talent of other corps. They obviously have the best talent year to year but the corps is soulless in my opinion because the majority of the members are ring chasing transplants and the staff are a bunch of fart sniffing snobs. 

I am curious, these as YOU CALL THEM "ring chasing transplants" and "fart sniffing snobs" in regards to the staff...............how many of them have you said those EXACT words directly to their face, and not behind the safety of the social media device of your choice? 

If you are going to engage in name calling, do us all a favor and shut off the WiFi to your basement. 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I am curious, these as YOU CALL THEM "ring chasing transplants" and "fart sniffing snobs" in regards to the staff...............how many of them have you said those EXACT words directly to their face, and not behind the safety of the social media device of your choice? 

If you are going to engage in name calling, do us all a favor and shut off the WiFi to your basement. 

I would but I don't live in Cali and bd doesn't tour where I live. What are they going to do, beat me up?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

I don't see this as an issue. Talent is going to go where talent goes. That's the way it has always been and most likely the way it will always be. There is plenty of top level talent in most of the top corps. To say that the "majority" are ring chasers is a bit unfair. Now if you said "people go to BD because they know that year to year there will be a good shot of winning a championship," I think that's what we ALL strived for IF we had the talent. I marched a lower level top 12 because I did NOT have that talent level. What in the world would be wrong with marching in a place you could win a championship at if you had the ability? As far as the other comment on staff, I've met a lot of those cats and they seem personable if not driven. 

I got cut from PR at a camp in 1989. Do I hate PR? Not at all. I didn't have the "stuff" to make it. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

Loyalty has legs everywhere nowadays.   It’s expensive to be in drum corps and I guess they want more bang for the buck.  I’m not defending it.  I joined a nonfinalist corps when there was a better one a little further up the road. We worked hard to get into finals and succeeded. But, that was in the ‘70’s and things are different now.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Trailers don’t have basements! 💥

The one I lived in sure didn’t 😆. But plenty of dirt…

As for people going to better corps (aka ring chase)…. nothing new under the sun. And with cost to join anymore that’s has to be part of the “is this going to be worth the expense “ consideration.

• Like 4