2022 Season Predictions

On 4/26/2022 at 10:47 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’ve had similar experiences at Finals week. I will go to local establishments with my friends, all with different corps on their shirts. People ask, how can so many corps be represented in such a small group and be so jovial. We say, we’re just drum corps fans. And at the establishment where we are indulging libations, when we learn the new Champions,  regardless who wins, I am first to toast the victors … bumpers all around!

Lol my last competition (1st time around 😆) was DCA finals at Hershey. When we came off the field saw a guy I knew from a competing corps and shook his hand soon as we stopped. Man did I get some hairy eyeballs for that and I didn’t give a crap. Knew his sister from college and usually ran into him a few times a year at the school or at shows.

• Like 3

On 4/27/2022 at 4:17 PM, Terri Schehr said:

If I’m ever on death row, pizza will be my last meal. 

I think if I was on death row, I would get some St. Elmo’s shrimp cocktail. I would give it to the executioner with no warning. That should buy me some time. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I think if I was on death row, I would get some St. Elmo’s shrimp cocktail. I would give it to the executioner with no warning. That should buy me some time. 

My last meal..............MAMA-SANS Spicy Fried Chicken and Spicy Fried Rice. 

Any military personnel that were stationed in Sasebo Japan knows EXACTLY what I am talking about!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good day folks.. Is there main forum page/thread for show announcements. Not seeing it being updated for the 2022 season. Crossmen just announced last night. I know crossmen 2022 page probably is existing, not sure ? 

My early Predictions 

1. Blue Devils. Based on consistency, lots of the best talents gravitating towards them, and well innovative designed shows. The standard always will be Blue Devils. A strong organization, blessed with longevity, and experienced staffing. No doubt They'll be the one to beat.

2. Santa Clara Vanguard. I could see them winning, pushing devils into second. They have been top three since 2017, but are they still top three after a two years absence ? i think so. They've been strong and well positioned, with a good staff to take them to the top. With A well written and program, no doubt the performance rill be there to match, Yes they could topple the devils.

3. Bluecoats. Another top three modern innovators i believe will come out fresh and swinging. Yes i can see them taking it all, if whatever they do is also well written and performed to the highest, can become an unstoppable blooooo season. I expect excitement and awe.

4..Cavaliers. I put in fourth place, because they've been thriving consistently and pushing themselves. This could be the year they move into fouth place, and i think so. Yes i do think a battle between Cavies and Crown could end the season in Cavies favor. Many might not agree, but it is possible this year in my opinion.

5. Carolina Crown. They've been quite inconsistent for me, and yes though the talents are remarkable each season for crown, they've still yet to be consistently strong right across each category to maintain a top 3 placement. But i could be wrong about them this year, they might just ending up winning it all (2nd title). That's the thing, to me they are unpredictable, so let's see how they do. I honestly see them juggling between forth and fifth this season.

6. Boston Crusaders. They are giants stomping towards a destination. Look out for them! It so intriguing watching this corps, producing really enjoyable shows, that competes very well in the top six. However i have them between 5th and 6ixth, but make no mistake, i also have them as unpredictable too, but in the most positive way, because it could be this year this amazing corps move all the way up into top three. They could be this year's surprise and i can't wait to witness it.

7. Cadets. Also unpredictable for me, because you just never know. With a resilient organization coming out brand new, rebuilding on top of the history this corps brings. The stars are lining up again for cadets, and it will take some time, either it be sooner or later, will find themselves back into the top 6. But i don't see it this year, but they'll do well.

8. Blue Stars. I've enjoyed this corps offerings for the past seasons. They've been heart warming to watch, to enjoy, just so much love. I really can't get enough.

9. Crossmen. Are coming along very well in my opinion. They have been finding modern drum corps quite well, in their own way and i like it alot. I think they are still evolving, and we just might get them moving up even further. Let's see what they bring.

10. Blue Knights are beloved, and thier shows are really engaging and emotional. However i find them quite floating about and nothing is wrong with that. I hope to see a dark blue knights return, with an evolving modern take on thier identity. Mixed that with the current inspirational and emotional offerings they've been churning out, and we will have something very very special.

11. The Mandarins. Awesome corps, making thier mark in the top twelve again, is no easy feat. We could have another year for them, showing the activity that they belong there for a very long time. Or, they could fall out of the top 12, making space for snother rising star.. maybe Pacific Crest ? Who knows ?

12. Phantom i know you did great 2021 bringing back nostalgic, and it worked. But i think you still yet have to prove, you can transition very well in this modern era of who the phantom regiments are. Can they ? Will they ? 

This is my early prediction. But my list will change as the season gets on it's way.

Edited.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
Few corrections
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 10:04 AM, theonlyfizzle said:

Good day folks.. Is there main forum page/thread for show announcements. Not seeing it being updated for the 2022 season. Crossmen just announced last night. I know crossmen 2022 page probably is existing, not sure ? 

Someone in the past has taken a lot of time to create a thread with a list of all corps with updates as they're released.  Haven't seen one created this season.   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Someone in the pat has taken a lot of time to create a thread with a list of all corps with updates as they're released.  Haven't seen on created this season.   

Yeah.. and i really did appreciate all that work. I guess maybe no one have such time on their hands now. Or maybe the right person will do it for this season, when they do have that time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

My early Predictions 

1. Blue Devils. Based on consistency, lots of the best talents gravitating towards them, and well innovative designed shows. The standard always will be Blue Devils. A strong organization, blessed with longevity, and experienced staffing. No doubt They'll be the one to beat.

2. Santa Clara Vanguard. I could also see them winning, pushing devils into second. They have been top three since 2017, but are they still top three after a two years absence, i think so. They've been strong and well positioned, with a good staff to take them to the top, with well written and represented shows, Yes they could topple the devils.

3. Bluecoats. Another top three modern innovators i believe will come out fresh and swinging. Yes i can see them taking it all, if whatever they do is also well written, can become an unstoppable blooooo season. I expect excitement and awe.

4..Cavaliers. I put in fourth place, because they've been thriving consistently and pushing themselves. This could be the year they move into fouth place, and i think so. Yes i do think a battle between Cavies and Crown could end the season in Cavies favor. Many might not agree, but it is possible this year in my opinion.

5. Carolina Crown. They've been quite inconsistent for me, and yes though the talents are remarkable each season for crown, they've still yet to be consistently strong right across each category to maintain a top 3 placement. But i could be wrong for them this year, they might have well end up winning it all (2nd title). That's the thing, to me they are unpredictable so let's see how they do. I honestly see them juggling between forth and fifth this season.

6. Boston Crusaders. They are giants stomping towards a destination. Look out for them! It so intriguing watching this corps, producing really enjoyable shows, that competes very well in the top six. However i have them between 5th and 6ixth but make no mistake, i also have them as unpredictable too, but in the most positive way, because it could be this year this amazing corps move all the way up into top three. They could be this year surprise and i can't wait to witness it.

7. Cadets. Also unpredictable for me, because you just never know. With a resilient organization coming out brand new, rebuilding on top of the history this corps brings. The stars are lining up again for cadets and it will take some time, either it be sooner or later, will find themselves back into the top 6. But i don't see it this year. But they'll do well.

8. Blue Stars. I've enjoyed this corps offerings for the past seasons. They've been heart warming to watch, to enjoy, just so much love. I really can't get enough.

9. Crossmen. Are coming along very well in my opinion. Tthey have been finding modern drum corps quite well,  in their own way and i like it alot. I think they are still evolving and we just might get them moving up even further. Let's see what they bring.

10. Blue Knights are beloved, and thier shows are really engaging and emotional. However i find them quite floating about and nothing is wrong with that. I hope to see a dark blue knights return, with an evolving modern take on thier identity, mixed that with the current inspirational and emotional offerings they've been churning out, and we will have something very very special.

11. The Mandarins. Awesome corps, making thier mark in the top twelve again, is no easy feat. We could have another year for them, showing the activity that they belong thier for a very long time. Or, are they could fall out of the top 12, making space for snother rising star.. maybe Pacific Crest ? Who knows ?

12. Phantom i know you did great 2021 bringing back nostalgic and it worked. But i think you still yet have to prove you can transition very well in this modern era of who the phantom regiments are. Can they ? Will they ? 

This is my early prediction. But my list will change as the season gets on it's way progressing throughout.

I like your picks based on history but I have this feeling that Carolina Crown will be that corp that will surprise people. No basis on that but they are always in that talk.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I like your picks based on history but I have this feeling that Carolina Crown will be that corp that will surprise people. No basis on that but they are always in that talk.

Oh yeah for sure they're always in that talk, i like em a lot. They are amazing... and nothing is wrong with some surprises this year. Would be thrilled with Carolina Crown being a part of that conversation, i honestly can't wait to see what they do.

To add to that, i'm looking foward to see what all corps will bring this summer. Knowing how challenging things have been, and still are.

• Like 1