2022 Season Predictions

On 5/1/2022 at 1:54 PM, theonlyfizzle said:

My early Predictions 

1. Blue Devils. Based on consistency, lots of the best talents gravitating towards them, and well innovative designed shows. The standard always will be Blue Devils. A strong organization, blessed with longevity, and experienced staffing. No doubt They'll be the one to beat.

2. Santa Clara Vanguard. I could also see them winning, pushing devils into second. They have been top three since 2017, but are they still top three after a two years absence, i think so. They've been strong and well positioned, with a good staff to take them to the top, with well written and represented shows, Yes they could topple the devils.

3. Bluecoats. Another top three modern innovators i believe will come out fresh and swinging. Yes i can see them taking it all, if whatever they do is also well written, can become an unstoppable blooooo season. I expect excitement and awe.

4..Cavaliers. I put in fourth place, because they've been thriving consistently and pushing themselves. This could be the year they move into fouth place, and i think so. Yes i do think a battle between Cavies and Crown could end the season in Cavies favor. Many might not agree, but it is possible this year in my opinion.

5. Carolina Crown. They've been quite inconsistent for me, and yes though the talents are remarkable each season for crown, they've still yet to be consistently strong right across each category to maintain a top 3 placement. But i could be wrong for them this year, they might have well end up winning it all (2nd title). That's the thing, to me they are unpredictable so let's see how they do. I honestly see them juggling between forth and fifth this season.

6. Boston Crusaders. They are giants stomping towards a destination. Look out for them! It so intriguing watching this corps, producing really enjoyable shows, that competes very well in the top six. However i have them between 5th and 6ixth but make no mistake, i also have them as unpredictable too, but in the most positive way, because it could be this year this amazing corps move all the way up into top three. They could be this year surprise and i can't wait to witness it.

7. Cadets. Also unpredictable for me, because you just never know. With a resilient organization coming out brand new, rebuilding on top of the history this corps brings. The stars are lining up again for cadets and it will take some time, either it be sooner or later, will find themselves back into the top 6. But i don't see it this year. But they'll do well.

8. Blue Stars. I've enjoyed this corps offerings for the past seasons. They've been heart warming to watch, to enjoy, just so much love. I really can't get enough.

9. Crossmen. Are coming along very well in my opinion. Tthey have been finding modern drum corps quite well,  in their own way and i like it alot. I think they are still evolving and we just might get them moving up even further. Let's see what they bring.

10. Blue Knights are beloved, and thier shows are really engaging and emotional. However i find them quite floating about and nothing is wrong with that. I hope to see a dark blue knights return, with an evolving modern take on thier identity, mixed that with the current inspirational and emotional offerings they've been churning out, and we will have something very very special.

11. The Mandarins. Awesome corps, making thier mark in the top twelve again, is no easy feat. We could have another year for them, showing the activity that they belong thier for a very long time. Or, are they could fall out of the top 12, making space for snother rising star.. maybe Pacific Crest ? Who knows ?

12. Phantom i know you did great 2021 bringing back nostalgic and it worked. But i think you still yet have to prove you can transition very well in this modern era of who the phantom regiments are. Can they ? Will they ? 

This is my early prediction. But my list will change as the season gets on it's way progressing throughout.

I like this list

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Seeing nothing that causes me to reconsider it, I will repeat my earlier prediction:

Some Corps will place higher than in 2019.

Some Corps will place lower than in 2019.

Some Corps will place the same as in 2019.

I don't know about that. I've heard Some Corps have an amazing horn line this year. Could be their year! 

51 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Seeing nothing that causes me to reconsider it, I will repeat my earlier prediction:

Some Corps will place higher than in 2019.

Some Corps will place lower than in 2019.

Some Corps will place the same as in 2019.

Well, I don't know.  This is the year that some groups will turn some heads... 😁

I predict the first corps to break 80 in late June/early July, that fanbase will celebrate the accomplishment lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I predict the first corps to break 80 in late June/early July, that fanbase will celebrate the accomplishment lol.

Just wait for the first corps to break 90. Box five, baby! 

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Well, I don't know.  This is the year that some groups will turn some heads... 😁

I'm kind of with you. Hoping, at least, that we'll see a couple of upstarts/upsets. No idea what those might be, but I could still sleep at night with a slightly different top 12 than all of the recent years past.  

• Like 3

Some shuffling of the deck with all that has gone on, thus far: 
1. Blue Devils
2. Bluecoats
3. Carolina Crown
4. Santa Clara Vanguard/Boston Crusaders
5. Santa Clara Vanguard/Boston Crusaders
6. Cadets
7. Cavaliers
8. Blue Stars
9. Blue Knights
10. Phantom Regiment