2022 Season Predictions

1 minute ago, mjoakes said:

Hope this is okay under predictions:

For a while, there was great concern on DCP that housing would be very difficult following COVID. Any information on the housing situation for this summer? Are schools letting corps into their facilities, for example? Have some corps switched to hotels/motels for part of their tour?

If ST is any indication, there is availability for your housing.

7 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

For a while, there was great concern on DCP that housing would be very difficult following COVID. Any information on the housing situation for this summer? Are schools letting corps into their facilities, for example? Have some corps switched to hotels/motels for part of their tour?

i haven't heard yet. but with fewer shows, that may have reduced some of the stresses

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

If ST is any indication, there is availability for your housing.

St is not a true indication however

On 12/29/2021 at 12:33 AM, B-Flat said:

I am predicting that the 2022 DCI season will be intensely competitive. 

I am going to become either ultra popular or ultra unpopular but I think it would be healthy if the Blue Devils finished 4th on championship finals night.  I am not a hater I am not a honk I just think from time to time shakeups in competitive activities are a good thing. 

If you don’t think this would be a good thing I would looove to hear why?   😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

32 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

I am going to become either ultra popular or ultra unpopular but I think it would be healthy if the Blue Devils finished 4th on championship finals night.  I am not a hater I am not a honk I just think from time to time shakeups in competitive activities are a good thing. 

Uh oh incoming.  💣 😂 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

No issue for our school.  We're hosting a group mid-July as normal prior to the "covid years".  In the conservative South, we've put the virus in the "rearview mirror".  (Do you see it?)  🧐😁 

I guess CV-19 has been placed on the shelf with the common cold & flu?  I live in a weird political world. 😷 

Get your vaccine!  I'll probably wear my mask in Walmart for the rest of my life as in the Japanese culture.  I like not being recognized.  😇    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

Just now, keystone3ply said:

No issue for our school.  We're hosting a group mid-July as normal prior to the "covid years".  On the conservative South, we've put the virus in the "rearview mirror".  (Do you see it?)  🧐😁 

I guess CV-19 has been placed on the shelf with the common cold & flu?  I live in a weird political world. 😷      

It’s endemic now.  May as well categorize it as such because it will continue to be with us in some form.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Triple Forte said:

So lets put them in 4th regardless of merit. They could be 6th or 1st. But 4th is a good placement for a 19 time champion. Got it. You are neither popular in either way because who cares. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

I don't know if healthy is the word I'd use, but I could see even a mild shakeup and I could sleep just fine on Finals night. 

3 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Meh.. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Because Meh

• Like 3