2022 Season Predictions

5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Absolutely was competitive inertia. The judges get it right more often than not, but it takes time for them to do so - this is the "inertia" part of the equation. They do have a tendency to give certain corps the benefit of the doubt, but they pretty much always get it right by the end of the season (some may disagree with that). 

When (not if) Boston puts out a design and performance worthy of a title, the judges will recognize it and reward them for it. But getting to that point takes time and I think in today's environment, it's next to impossible for a corps to win the title without getting very close to it first

I agree with Cappy on this point...even with the 2 year hiatus

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Again, EVERYONE (to channel my inner RAMD) is magnificent at this time of year.  

Soon enough we will learn who has been chosen to be more magnificent, & who has been chosen to be less magnificent.

I’m an impartial observer.  I like everyone. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I like all corps equally, but some corps more equally than others.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I agree with Cappy on this point...even with the 2 year hiatus

But it shouldn't be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I like all corps equally, but some corps more equally than others.

LOL..Animal Farm.  Nicely done.

1 hour ago, Mello Dude said:

But it shouldn't be.

Well, as Phantom 2009 shows, the judges DO get it right by the end of the season. It's not that the judges will purposefully not give a deserving show 1st just because they haven't gotten close, it's just that with design being such a large focus in the scoring of today, it takes more than just a good performance from the performers to take the gold. It requires a stellar design and developing a stellar design is the thing that takes practice and time to learn to create. So the time factor is less that the judges are maliciously making corps "wait their turn," it's more that the current sheets force corps to create a strong and consistent design team with years of continuity that has had multiple (or atleast one) runs creating a stellar design before everything clicks

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'm mostly impartial. I like everyone with a show I like. I like parts of every corps. I also dislike parts of many corps shows.

• Like 4

The dangerous part for me is that I'll comment on the parts of shows I don't like as easily as the parts that I DO like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1