2022 Season Predictions

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I predict that the first show of the season is tomorrow.

I second that

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It starts at 9:30. 😳  

Yeap. The hours man, the hours

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It starts at 9:30. 😳  

I already have my after dinner nap planned. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I agree.  When we made finals, I always felt like we won.  That’s either really good or bad that I had such low expectations.  I’m not sure. 🤔

When I returned to real life at my college two days after Finals, the band director put me on the recruiting trail for the marching band. One of the people I was recruiting was a former MM from the Midshipmen, a GLDCA corps from Traverse City, MI. She said she watched Finals on PBS and really liked the Bridgemen. I then calmly explained (at 90 decibels) how Bridgemen shouldn’t have been within two points of us (we beat them, but were within a point of us). Oddly enough, she still joined. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It was a miracle that we made it on the field in 1978 and more of a miracle that we made finals.  There were very few people who toughed out that winter and kept it going.  I don’t think a lot of people know that. I’ll take that as a win.  It was certainly a character builder. 

I don’t think we ever came in first when I was marching, but we threw it down every night.    We did ok within our peer group- and character building certainly happened.  From one 50-member Corps we have college professors, financial professionals, IT managers, engineers, an Alaska crab fisherman, military officers, 2 band directors, several business owners, a couple of government workers, and a Catholic priest (no one saw that coming in 1983).   

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

You can score the highest and lose due to penalty. I think an edit is needed. 

no. the final score takes into account any penalties. so whoever has the highest final score wins. thats the only score that counts...the one Brandt reads last

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

no. the final score takes into account any penalties. so whoever has the highest final score wins. thats the only score that counts...the one Brandt reads last

I think what the OP meant was that after all the captions are tallied, any penalties are then subtracted.

With penalties assessed, the placement can drop from the where the Corps would be w/o penalties.  For an example, see 1978 Phantom Regiment.