2022 Season Predictions

1 hour ago, TomVV said:

Much better hornline than previously. 

Well I wonder how well that bodes for them considering according to everyone on here every single corps has a much better this and than 2019. 

I love the Blue Stars, and have no idea how they will place, but "much better' doesn't mean anything because most people saying that are wrong, so who can we believe?

Edited by queenanne_1536

55 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Well I wonder how well that bodes for them considering according to everyone on here every single corps has a much better this and than 2019. 

I love the Blue Stars, and have no idea how they will place, but "much better' doesn't mean anything because most people saying that are wrong, so who can we believe?

I'd believe the guy that sees them every year during move ins vs the person that saw maybe a clip or a rehearsal. If you're wondering who the guy that volunteers is it's Tom and you couldn't meet a nicer person in the world. So nice that it's like he has two hearts :wink:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I'd believe the guy that sees them every year during move ins vs the person that saw maybe a clip or a rehearsal. If you're wondering who the guy that volunteers is it's Tom and you couldn't meet a nicer person in the world. So nice that it's like he has two hearts :wink:

He sounds too nice for this place.  

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I watched PR at NIU. I’m assuming it was a dress rehearsal.  It made me a little homesick 😢but besides that, I really like the show.  The costumes look very nice on the field and the show is wildly entertaining. 

Dekalb always was a special place. One of my faves along with Whitewater. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I get what you're saying, but there is a thing we all have called bias. I have biases for certain corps and against other corps. In other words, I see the best in some corps and the worst in other corps. For years, I was a voice in the chorus who said BD shows were easy, and they had no drill, and they shouldn't be winning. That was my bias. I've overcome that and look back at those BD shows and think what a fool I was at that time, and now recognize that they've deserved every win they have gotten, whether I like it or not. And, I don't like it 🙂

18 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

After seeing bits and pieces of most shows, I am going to slightly revise my prediction for World Class only, not including the Open Class corps that will inevitably surge into Semifinals come August. I like the grouping method, so I will follow suit. In any particular order within each group:

1-3: Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Carolina Crown

4-6: Santa Clara Vanguard, Boston Crusaders, Cavaliers

7-9: The Cadets, Phantom Regiment, Mandarins

10-12: Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Crossmen

----------

13-15: Colts, Troopers, Madison Scouts

16-18: The Academy, Music City, Pacific Crest

19-20: Genesis, Jersey Surf

Not fielding: Spirit of Atlanta, Seattle Cascades

----------

Comments: BD will not drop out of the top three, likely top two. I have a really hard time seeing SCV drop to 4th or lower, but I do think it will be a dogfight at the top - and throughout the entire World Class lineup. I think The Cadets, Phantom, and Mandarins surge this season. I think the battle for 12th will be hotly contested, with some really talented corps in the 11-15 positions. I think the Troopers, Colts, and Madison surge as well, with Music City not far behind. I have seen much from Genesis or Surf, so I can't speak to their predictions much - I am just going off of 2019 Semifinals results with a two-year hiatus included, meaning progress may or may not be inhibited.

No matter the outcome, I think we are in for some really great drum corps this season.

Those are good groupings.  I think you are wise to give Madison a bump.  They’re on their way back, IMHO. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

After seeing bits and pieces of most shows, I am going to slightly revise my prediction for World Class only, not including the Open Class corps that will inevitably surge into Semifinals come August. I like the grouping method, so I will follow suit. In any particular order within each group:

----------

----------

Comments: BD will not drop out of the top three, likely top two. I have a really hard time seeing SCV drop to 4th or lower, but I do think it will be a dogfight at the top - and throughout the entire World Class lineup. I think The Cadets, Phantom, and Mandarins surge this season. I think the battle for 12th will be hotly contested, with some really talented corps in the 11-15 positions. I think the Troopers, Colts, and Madison surge as well, with Music City not far behind. I have seen much from Genesis or Surf, so I can't speak to their predictions much - I am just going off of 2019 Semifinals results with a two-year hiatus included, meaning progress may or may not be inhibited.

No matter the outcome, I think we are in for some really great drum corps this season.

Yeah. This looks pretty reasonable to me. Also illustrates what a talented year this is. 

Excited for Mandarins most of all. 

Edited by saxfreq1128

1 hour ago, Sensioto said:

----------

----------

Nice look at the way things may break down. I am really looking forward to seeing if anyone can contend with BD. That show of theirs looks really good. But it would be nice to see BD have to fight off some great competition from Bluecoats and Crown, and maybe a few others. Who knows? I have not seen much other than the West Coast corps to this point. I still maintain that I really like SCV's show a lot. But they do have issues to deal with. But their music ensemble is pretty darn good. I have not seen anything of Bluecoats, Boston, or Cavaliers. What I saw of Crown was just a short snipped of the show and as usual they look and sound great. I know their brass will be amazing as always. 

I am really eager to hear Phantom Regiment because I just love that brass book. Not sure what the entire show holds, but they may have my favorite brass book of the year. Crown or Bloo might jump in there as well. 

As for the fight to get into the top 12 this year I think this may be the most fun to watch. It seems a number of corps could be in contention. I love the battles from 7th place down to 25th or more. Sometimes those are more fun to watch. The top 6 will be fierce too, at least I hope so. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1