2022 Season Predictions

12 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Most of us still haven't seen Crown (or BK or Troopers). But is there enough of a feel for things to consider the skipped trip to Indy last year mostly irrelevant for SCV, BD, and Crown?

2 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Yes. At least for BD and SCV. Along with the Bluecoats these groups seem to be far and away better than the next tier.

My peek of Crown was a YouTube video. I wasn't overly impressed but I will reserve judgment especially since I wasn't impressed too much with Boston's show design or the Cavaliers either. I feel like Friday will give us a much better picture of where Crown stands. I feel they are most likely in the 3-4 race and a bridge between the top tier and the next tier- which is where they left off in 2019.

Well, some of us are "YouTube Certified" complete with a shingle for our office wall. :spitting: 

10 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Yes. At least for BD and SCV. Along with the Bluecoats these groups seem to be far and away better than the next tier.

My peek of Crown was a YouTube video. I wasn't overly impressed but I will reserve judgment especially since I wasn't impressed too much with Boston's show design or the Cavaliers either. I feel like Friday will give us a much better picture of where Crown stands. I feel they are most likely in the 3-4 race and a bridge between the top tier and the next tier- which is where they left off in 2019.

It certainly makes the Broken Arrow, OK show all that more important. As we used to say BITD, July 4 was the time the men started being separated from the boys. Now that's just pushed back a little. The OK Corral. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I don't think that it was ever relevant. They're all tremendously strong organizations. 

I didn’t think it was relevant, though I always know I might be wrong. Some early comments throughout DCP suggesting it would matter. 

Hoping to see things live at Muncie.

So, I see "Overreaction Wednesday" is upon us. Next Boston will open up a larger gap on Cavaliers and close in on Bluecoats & everyone will overreact to that lol - even though this sort of skewed early season read happens almost every year

It takes a while for the "judging community" to decide who's hot and who's not... Right now, they're busy swiping left or right in their top-secret judges app. 😂

The picture will become clear(er) by San Antonio. Don't overreact, and IMO don't forget about Crown! 

Edited by George Dixon
add smilie to emphasize humor
  • Like 7

I think Boston will beat SCV most of the season 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Danby510 said:
  1. Crown 
  2. Bluecoats
  3. Blue Devils
  4. Santa Clara
  5. Boston
  6. Cavaliers 
  7. Mandarins 
  8. Blue Knights
  9. Phantom Regiment 
  10. Blue Stars
  11. Cadets
  12. Crossmen

My first go at an early season prediction after seeing some videos. 

I like these. I think Cavaliers will do what they almost always do and take care of Boston by around Atlanta. So I’d switch those two. And I’m not completely sold on SCV yet… but it’s early… 

Edited by PopcornEater1963
  • Like 1

My Predictions: ( Cadets/Blue Knights not listed because I’ve seen nothing)

1. Blue Devils 
2. Crown (more info needed)
3. Bluecoats 
4. Cavaliers
5. SCV
6. Boston 
7. Phantom
8. Mandarins
9. Blue Stars
10. Crossmen

Add in Cadets and Blue Knights somewhere and that’s my Top 12. 
cadets likely at 7. Blue Knights likely at 8. Both based on past history. 

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

It takes a while for the "judging community" to decide who's hot and who's not... Right now, they're busy swiping left or right in their top-secret judges app. 😂

Not really.

In 2018, BD beat Vanguard at the 1st and 3rd show (by under a point) - Vanguard won everything else. No one challenged them.

In 2019, Vanguard beat Devils at the first 4 shows, all by under a point. Devils then passed them up for good.

In 2019, Bluecoats reigned unchallenged out east, and Devils and Bluecoats flip-flopped to the end. No one else challenged them.

In 2017, Devils went undefeated and beat Vanguard by under a point most of the season. Bluecoats beat Vanguard by under a point at their first meeting and never challenged them again.

If you're 2 points down from someone right now it's just not going to happen. I doubt Vanguard is going top Devils and I doubt Boston is going to top Bluecoats. It's just unlikely to happen. We just don't see a lot of up and down movement through the entire season. Some, but not very much at all.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1