2022 World Class Schedule Analysis

14 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Aorta do something else.  

You could have also gone with "You aorta know....the mess they left when they went away..."

On 1/8/2022 at 6:10 PM, craiga said:

I am confused.  Why does this article state that Boston is in Ohio on July 2nd when my schedule  has them in two Massachusetts shows on July 2 and 3?

Good catch! Corrected.

On 1/5/2022 at 3:04 PM, DrumCorpsRadio said:

Key Match-Ups

Blue Devils, Bluecoats, and Santa Clara Vanguard were the top 3 finishers in both 2018 and 2019 with Boston Crusaders, Carolina Crown, and The Cavaliers rounding out the top 6 both years. When these corps begin to meet head-to-head should provide some insights into how the top of the competition field will look this year.

Blue Devils and Santa Clara Vanguard get things started on day 2 of the season, meeting head-to-head at Pasadena, CA, and then again in their next seven shows.  Bluecoats join in on the top 3 action on July 19 in Broken Arrow, OK.

Boston Crusaders and The Cavaliers kick it off in Detroit, MI on June 28. Carolina Crown and The Cavaliers face off in Muncie, IN on July 1. All three won't meet for the first time until Broken Arrow, OK on July 19, for a full Top 6 competition.

Thanks for doing this. And especially for including the master spreadsheet!

Add Blue Stars to Broken Arrow for a full top 7 on July 19th. A pivotal shootout for a Tuesday night.

Edited by mingusmonk

Was Spirit of Atlanta hosting any 2022 shows?  I'm wondering if the decision to call off their season will result in any shows being cancelled.

5 minutes ago, ykw said:

Was Spirit of Atlanta hosting any 2022 shows?  I'm wondering if the decision to call off their season will result in any shows being cancelled.

It is tradition (& perhaps a requirement) for each DCI Corps to host a show.

I would expect SoA to have been hosting at least one (non-regional) show somewhere in the southeast; there are several on the schedule that could be theirs.

They may decide to remain on the schedule and use the show as a fund-raising event. 

22 minutes ago, ykw said:

There look to be 3 shows scheduled in Georgia, including the DCI Regional. It doesn't give the show sponsor info for the other shows.

Don’t we know the way this plays out by now…X corps wins prelims.  Devils squeak by at semis.  Devils pull ahead at finals since they perform last and visual judges can safely give them 20s.

• Like 1