2022 World Class Schedule Analysis

Lots of great seats available in prime locations for the Tour Premier. It's early, I know.

14 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Lots of great seats available in prime locations for the Tour Premier. It's early, I know.

and who knows where the world will be by then

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mjoakes said:

I’ll be there.

Any guesses on the venue for Drums Along the Rockies on July 16? It's listed as TBA in Denver, and the lineup is impressive.

On 2/1/2022 at 4:19 AM, mjoakes said:

Any guesses on the venue for Drums Along the Rockies on July 16? It's listed as TBA in Denver, and the lineup is impressive.

https://ascendperformingarts.org/events/datr/

Hasn't been announced.  Last year it was held at Jeffco Stadium in Lakewood (6th Ave and Kipling), but of course that lineup didn't include BD or SCV.

I don't know the present feasibility/cost of having this show in the Broncos' stadium, where it's historically been held.  It would be disappointing to wind up with another standstill show because of a half inch of rain.

Prop-A-Palooza seems to necessitate an artificial turf field.

Jeffco is artificial turf, while the Broncos' stadium is natural grass, so there may be your answer.

Edited by ykw
  • Like 1

There are three stadia that could handle this size of show in the reasonable area of Denver.

- AFA in Colorado Springs - The Academy may not want to handle the security requirements for a DCI show, but it would be very cool location

- CSU in Fort Collins - New palace in which the school still loses a lot of games.  Also a very cool location
- UW in Laramie - Renovated stadium where the school still wins a lot of games.  Also a very cool location

There's a Cheyenne show just prior to Denver, which may have something to where the final location is decided.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, troopers1 said:

There are three stadia that could handle this size of show in the reasonable area of Denver.

- AFA in Colorado Springs - The Academy may not want to handle the security requirements for a DCI show, but it would be very cool location

- CSU in Fort Collins - New palace in which the school still loses a lot of games.  Also a very cool location
- UW in Laramie - Renovated stadium where the school still wins a lot of games.  Also a very cool location

There's a Cheyenne show just prior to Denver, which may have something to where the final location is decided.

I forgot to include UNC in Greeley.  I'm not familiar with that stadium, but DATR has been a success there in the past.  Plus is has all the smells.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@DrumCorpsRadio Thanks. I greatly appreciate your posting this info and the time you invested in researching/creating the content. I'm glad to see first competition ot season is near my home town of San Diego. Been too long since I've been to a show and hope to change that this year. 

• Like 1