Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

2 hours ago, bldbrkr said:

Yes,  even in my day things went on that shouldn't have.  In some cases, really bad things.  Safesport https://uscenterforsafesport.org/?utm_term=safe sport&utm_campaign=SRCH-BD&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=5032680901&hsa_cam=14300958462&hsa_grp=126837155518&hsa_ad=565799991296&hsa_src=g&hsa_tgt=kwd-318236685036&hsa_kw=safe sport&hsa_mt=p&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gclid=CjwKCAiAz--OBhBIEiwAG1rIOgnBsTG-NcYM_BEa4Yghmt8TRAFvWaaNNgRLKfs41W_O2qpUWHXKqRoCidYQAvD_BwE  

was instituted in many sports.   We have to comply with that as well as a background checks in my sport.  We are also mandatory reporters.  Too bad DCI corps couldn't jump on that band wagon instead of trying to police themselves. 

is that what WGI uses? seems to me they are far more proactive with this than DCI is

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mingusmonk said:

Two peas in the pod. Organizations that pay reactionary lip service to change every time they come under fire. Only to see the hits keep on coming. If either one of them was proactive and taking real action for change out of real safety concerns rather than PR, they'd be out of the investigative cross hairs. Maybe they deserve each other.

and doesn't Varsity own Stanbury?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, anomaly said:

I am not quite sure myself 😄

Interesting you are “banned” but still able to post 🤔😆. Sure there are former posters that would love to know that trick. 😈

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Interesting you are “banned” but still able to post 🤔😆. Sure there are former posters that would love to know that trick. 😈

Some magic, and a little bit of luck! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, anomaly said:

Some magic, and a little bit of luck! 

Welcome…. from the elder side of the DCP posters…

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

is that what WGI uses? seems to me they are far more proactive with this than DCI is

With so many scholastic groups, WGI probably has little choice. 

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Welcome…. from the elder side of the DCP posters…

Never thought thought of myself as an elder until Britt started reminding me that she was negative 4 when I marched my first season lol

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

With so many scholastic groups, WGI probably has little choice. 

Very valid point Tim

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

With so many scholastic groups, they probably have little choice. 

I was going to say something like this. Majority of WGI groups are affiliated with some sort of school. Having a school back a member is alot more dangerous than just a member.

• Like 1