Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

On 1/10/2022 at 12:09 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Can you elaborate on this?

1 hour ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

I'm simply making the point that your story is being disputed by others who were there.

And my story is being vouched by the corps and leadership that were there 

• Like 3

Another SOA percussion staff member has officially resigned

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I want to say something about tour.

I’m from BITD when we went on two weeks tours.  Even then, there was something unreal about it.  I saw a lot of abnormal being made to seem normal.   Jim went on tour for two weeks in 2014 as a volunteer and he saw some things that wouldn’t fly in “the real world”.  Now I know why everyone would say after finals “back to the real world”. I think it’s toxic and without a dedicated compliance officer with every corps riding shotgun, this touring model is probably short.  I personally never thought it was healthy in the first place.  

👍 I just commented as a band director & parent on the current tour model age groups in the new "floodgate" thread. 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

Additionally regards to percussion staff: One new battery staff member was being called out on Twitter for recently losing high school teaching job(s) for allegedly "sexually harassing minors."

Overnight, his name disappeared from the SoA staff page.

I'm not naming names as this is completely 2nd hand info. Wanting to avoid confusion. But if you're an average twitter user, you can find it.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

that they let Howdy post on their page is all one needs to know.

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

He’s all over that page.  

So what y'all are saying is we need a good 'ole Southern revival for the DCI model from this guy run by the "Trumpet of the Lord Ministries"?  I had forgotten about this guy.  😳🙄🤪

http://www.trumpetofthelord.faithweb.com

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Additionally regards to percussion staff: One new battery staff member was being called out on Twitter for recently losing high school teaching job(s) for allegedly "sexually harassing minors."

Overnight, his name disappeared from the SoA staff page.

I'm not naming names as this is completely 2nd hand info. Wanting to avoid confusion. But if you're an average twitter user, you can find it.

So the first resignation had the statement that Teleky left because he were against what was going on in the corps.

Is this one the same anomaly referred to top of the page or a 3rd one? This one thinking lights come in and roaches scatter or are pushed out.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I found this posted on Facebook today:

As you all may recall, last June, XXXXX traveled to Atlanta hoping for a second season to March with Spirit of Atlanta. I had emailed directors and the director of the food truck that XXXXX had food allergies and needed gluten-free food. They were WELL aware. After three days at camp and eating nothing but cereal (that I bought), she came home bc she was extremely sick from lack of appropriate food. The directors didn’t offer her to take her to the airport nor did they give us any of her tuition back.

https://www.facebook.com/mary.vogtshields/posts/10224188868343638

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I was asking about the resignation of the medical staff, mentioned by the Contra player (who is supporting you).

I spoke to some of those medical staff. I can get you that story if you'd still like