Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

Made some FB posts questioning/regarding how SoA is handling things and had a few likes. Notice one person liking lists themself as “former operations manager at SoA”. 😳

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes, but 'former' from 1982 is different than 'former' from 2021.

No idea of the years they were with the corps. Just interesting that former management not taking corps side either. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

GH has his sycophants, too. 

*cough* Roseanne Roseanadana *cough*

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Additionally regards to percussion staff: One new battery staff member was being called out on Twitter for recently losing high school teaching job(s) for allegedly "sexually harassing minors."

Overnight, his name disappeared from the SoA staff page.

I'm not naming names as this is completely 2nd hand info. Wanting to avoid confusion. But if you're an average twitter user, you can find it.

This reminded me of a time when I was a freshman in high school and the drumline techs (who were adult men) were talking to me about girls butts that were in my grade! There are so many sickos in the marching band community its not even funny

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

This reminded me of a time when I was a freshman in high school and the drumline techs (who were adult men) were talking to me about girls butts that were in my grade! There are so many sickos in the marching band community its not even funny

A similar incident happened on here where an adult commented on the appearance of marching members. (From the late 80’s early 90’s. Those members are frozen in time on video while the person commented was well into middle age.) I’m proud to say I was the first to call them out on it and many followed suit. I think the person sincerely learned from the experience and understood how it was inappropriate. 

2 hours ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

I’ve witnessed that in drum corps.   Absolutely gross.  Old fat men ogling teenaged girls.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2