Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

12 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I kind of have a "love-hate" relationship with the DCP forum.  But this is an example of the 'love' column. :spitting:

Not your average roto-tom player:

This is simply the greatest single thing that I have ever seen in my life. I propose a full set of roto-sextuplets tied into a trigger with syn drums. It'll be like DCI meets Little River Band.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

On top of that IIRC one of Spirits recent statements says one of his jobs is to investigate and clean up the mess with abusers. As he was hired 2021 was that an admission by Spirit that they knew of problems then and trying to quietly do something? Or is Spirit saying that now to quiet things down? Interesting that the statement I saw by Spirit giving a run down of the abuse investigation…. didn’t list any dates. So can’t tell what was done then and what is current day catch up work.

Fox in the henhouse. 

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thanks for the quote. So “thorough examination… make improvements” is generic enough to make it sound that clear out abusers/enablers was always part of the duties.

Addresses the entire organization, so I suppose we could infer that.

2 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

If I missed this information I apologize, but did the alleged abuser end up signing on with BD? As the gold standard in drum corps, I would find it extremely problematic and disappointing if BD accepted this person..and if there is a season I could not wish them success with said individual participating....Peace

There were 2 different incidents that OP posted - Rookie Talent Night (RTN) and a fellow members harassing/assaulting her.

It is my understanding that the 'SoA RTN ringmaster (a trumpet)' was contracted by BD.  I also read somewhere (in one of the the multiple threads on DCP & reddit) that they were recently released from BD.  I have no idea if any of that is factual, other than someone posted it.  

The SOA individual who was sexually harassing / assaulting members was a baritone.

Also - keep in mind that there are other standing allegations (see floodgates thread) concerning Battalion, Raiders, & a sexual assault several years back at BD.  Let's not forget these, regardless of the fact that some of these are Open Class Corps.  These are in addition to other incidents at Troopers, Crossmen, Phantom, Mandarins, Oregon Crusaders, Cavaliers, Shadow, & maybe more since the 2018 Cadets GH-meltdown.  How many more times will this happen before The Activity/Corps/DCI take whatever painful steps are needed for member protection?  There are not isolated incidents.  This is a pattern of behavior observed multiple times over the last 4 seasons.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Further Pontification & Punctuatio.n & speling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

41 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There were 2 different incidents that OP posted - Rookie Talent Night (RTN) and a fellow members harassing/assaulting her.

It is my understanding that the 'SoA RTN ringmaster (a trumpet)' was contracted by BD.  I also read somewhere (in one of the the multiple threads on DCP & reddit) that they were recently released from BD.  I have no idea if any of that is factual, other than someone posted it.  

The SOA individual who was sexually harassing / assaulting members was a baritone.

Also - keep in mind that there are other standing allegations (see floodgates thread) concerning Battalion, Raiders, & a sexual assault several yeas back at BD.  Let's not forget these, regardless of the fact that some of these are Open Class Corps.  These are in addition to other incidents at Troopers, Crossmen, Phantom, Mandarins, Oregon Crusaders, Cavaliers, & maybe more since the 2018 Cadets GH-meltdown.  How many more times will this happen before The Activity/Corps/DCI take whatever painful steps are needed for member protection?  There are not isolated incidents.  This is a pattern of behavior observed multiple times over the last 4 seasons.

I'm a 'visual' learner.  Gonna need a flow chart...🤓

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

2-How-to-decide-if-you-need-a-flowchart.

• Haha 5

Bonus. Bloo 2019 'new ending' in flowchart form.

3-hey-jude-flowchart.jpg

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

The ring leader who led Rookie Talent Night is no longer with BD

• Thanks 9

45 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

2-How-to-decide-if-you-need-a-flowchart.

Stop the #### flashbacks 🤯🤯🤯

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Stop the #### flashbacks 🤯🤯🤯

Jim I would be happy to make a flow chart for you. I already have to build one a week at least to prove a point that apparently can't be proven unless a flow chart (mind-map) is involved. This is usually to the same corporate crowd that has told me on many occasions that my feedback is not valid because I am not at least at a director level or above. I have a special place in my "save as draft" folder for my responses that I want to send but can't (without losing my job.)

• Haha 1