Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

When someone is accused of a crime, they may be put in jail while awaiting trial.  If they post bail, one of the conditions of bail is that they have no contact with victim.  And, depending on the crime, those who enabled the offender, may be charged as well.  

Well Spirit did block her from social media so I guess no contact has been implemented 

2 hours ago, fsthnds said:

Don't forget the SCV issue with the corps director (former Cavaliers director) and a male guard member

No one has publicly come forward with details. While the worst kept secret in drum corps, there’s been no official confirmation by victims or the corps 

Sorry if I’m jumping in with a different twist on this horrific thread … but does anyone else watch Netflix’s Cheer? I highly recommend it in general as it also relates to Varsity and their involvement with Cheerleading, and  is a cautionary tale for DCI … but that is a side issue, though worth exploring. 

My main point is watch, if nothing else, season 2, episode 5. It very much relates to DCI’s and SoA’s situations (although I acknowledge it isn’t a perfect analogy).

Tricia N. figures prominently in this as well.

Talk about pageantry leaches ….

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I have plastic flowchart templates in the cellar going back to late 1970s college. That means one of the icons stands for punchcard deck (now that’s old). 😆 Also have a “bubble chart” template which was a rage for some reason in the 1980s. No idea how the bubble chart was a better idea. Took a class and everyone came out 🤷🏻

Ah yes..flowcharts and top down analysis/design techniques..I worked for Yourdon inc. back then so I am very familiar with the jargon of that period..He died 6 years ago..good dude

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Sorry if I’m jumping in with a different twist on this horrific thread … but does anyone else watch Netflix’s Cheer? I highly recommend it in general as it also relates to Varsity and their involvement with Cheerleading, and  is a cautionary tale for DCI … but that is a side issue, though worth exploring. 

My main point is watch, if nothing else, season 2, episode 5. It very much relates to DCI’s and SoA’s situations (although I acknowledge it isn’t a perfect analogy).

Can I borrow your Netflix password?  :whistle:  

I checked it out in the wiki; 40 member squad (TX of course) & they addressed the "Varsity" monopoly in the final episode?  Maybe they'll release it on cable... 🤔  

10 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Cheer and Drum Corps are so similar.  Definitely worth the watch.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rmurrey74 said:

Cheer and Drum Corps are so similar.  Definitely worth the watch.

And dci and varsity are working together. That Stanbury connection 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Oooh thanks.  I’m going to watch this.   I read Little League Confidential when my kid was playing ball.  Talk about an eye opener.  It’s absolutely gross how some adults use young people.

• Like 2

• Thanks 6