Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

16 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Sorry if I’m jumping in with a different twist on this horrific thread … but does anyone else watch Netflix’s Cheer? I highly recommend it in general as it also relates to Varsity and their involvement with Cheerleading, and  is a cautionary tale for DCI … but that is a side issue, though worth exploring. 

My main point is watch, if nothing else, season 2, episode 5. It very much relates to DCI’s and SoA’s situations (although I acknowledge it isn’t a perfect analogy).

Tricia N. figures prominently in this as well.

Talk about pageantry leaches ….

My God, this is hard to watch.  Call me an old lady and send me to hell but this is way too dangerous.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

sad...saw the announcement. if they had only done the right things from the beginning.

Never forget YOU did the right things here, not them. And anyone that tries to blame you for this is WRONG

Exactly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

My God, this is hard to watch.  Call me an old lady and send me to hell but this is way too dangerous.  

I've never understood it. Britt was a competitive cheerleader in HS and broke her tailbone. She has had back issues ever since. I carried tubs around a field for countless hours but I never had someone throw me into the air and expected them to catch me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I've never understood it. Britt was a competitive cheerleader in HS and broke her tailbone. She has had back issues ever since. I carried tubs around a field for countless hours but I never had someone throw me into the air and expected them to catch me. 

Push ups?  Really?  What is this?  1980?  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Push ups?  Really?  What is this?  1980?  

I think the most exercise I ever got outside of blocks was trying to wander around a find a place to hide so I could smoke LOL. I don't get the whole competitive cheer thing. It's too dangerous for my blood. And for what payoff...a spot in a college cheer program? I am not bashing the participants by any means, but the trade off seems a little skewed to me. That being said, people could say the same thing about modern drum corps with props and tarps.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I think the most exercise I ever got outside of blocks was trying to wander around a find a place to hide so I could smoke LOL. I don't get the whole competitive cheer thing. It's too dangerous for my blood. And for what payoff...a spot in a college cheer program? I am not bashing the participants by any means, but the trade off seems a little skewed to me. That being said, people could say the same thing about modern drum corps with props and tarps.

I’m on episode two and one girl said this was her fifth concussion. 🤦‍♀️

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, anomaly said:

You did the right thing and don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise. We may not all agree on everything on this forum all the time. But I can tell you, we do all believe in protecting members, volunteers and staff. It's like an extended corps family...but a bit more grumpy. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m on episode two and one girl said this was her fifth concussion. 🤦‍♀️

Why worry about member safety when there are championships to win.

• Like 1