Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

50 minutes ago, year1buick said:

One prominent SOA alumnus, who was recently inducted into their own HOF in 2021, is on their FB page decrying the “woke crowd” and “belly moaning to DCI.” And continually referring to her as “victim.” (Using quotes around the word.) And telling people they don’t know the facts. As I said before, I hope this is the minority view among their alumni.

It's the minority. But the minority seems to be exceptionally vocal in this case and generally so over the top, their posts get a lot of attention. Very unfortunate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

You can count on that happening. I’m sure it’s already in the process of being done. 

yup. i wouldn't be surprised. 

we have said on here for the last 20 years how many times DCI ( and the corps) have handled things in a #### poor reactive way? and it seems like every time the stakes get bigger.

57 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

It's the minority. But the minority seems to be exceptionally vocal in this case and generally so over the top, their posts get a lot of attention. Very unfortunate.

well, i believe the proper phrase is "bless their heart"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I've never understood it. Britt was a competitive cheerleader in HS and broke her tailbone. She has had back issues ever since. I carried tubs around a field for countless hours but I never had someone throw me into the air and expected them to catch me. 

That’s what every outsider says when I tell them what drum corps does to knees and hips.

Mike

5 minutes ago, MikeN said:

That’s what every outsider says when I tell them what drum corps does to knees and hips.

Mike

Right!?  Who thought it was a good idea to mark-time knee-high in black leather dress shoes and English riding boots?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, year1buick said:

One prominent SOA alumnus, who was recently inducted into their own HOF in 2021, is on their FB page decrying the “woke crowd” and “belly moaning to DCI.” And continually referring to her as “victim.” (Using quotes around the word.) And telling people they don’t know the facts. As I said before, I hope this is the minority view among their alumni.

Gross.  Well, then tell us the facts.  People keep saying that and I’m sure being fair-minded people, we’ll all listen to their facts.  Bring it on. 

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Gross.  Well, then tell us the facts.  People keep saying that and I’m sure being fair-minded people, we’ll all listen to their facts.  Bring it on. 

Another one “knows the truth” but won’t say anything. Of course she wants people who disagree to say everything they know. And if they don’t then that “proves” she’s right. Looks like she had a long meaningless argument overnight  with someone. Can’t believe these people don’t realize how bad they make the corps and alumni look by doing this. If I was an alumni I’d be making sure that others know they don’t represent us.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MikeN said:

Mike

True. My back has been toast for what...30 years now? My right hip comes out of socket probably 3 or 4 times a year. But when I was in it, I never gave it a second thought. 

• Like 1