Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

That lawyer may want to get a lawyer 

One who knows the definition of sexual Harassment and you don’t keep posting the word victim in quotes. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Why’d he leave Western Carolina?

I haven't spoken to him in a few years but he lives and teaches in Acworth, GA now. He's the orchestral director at Kennesaw Mtn. HS. Western's music department grew quite a bit while he was there. The marching program, especially. I'm a WCU grad and I was there in the mid-90's when the marching band really started to take off. It got very good, very quickly. Lots of support from the WCU Chancellor's office. 

52 minutes ago, GBugler said:

I haven't spoken to him in a few years but he lives and teaches in Acworth, GA now. He's the orchestral director at Kennesaw Mtn. HS. Western's music department grew quite a bit while he was there. The marching program, especially. I'm a WCU grad and I was there in the mid-90's when the marching band really started to take off. It got very good, very quickly. Lots of support from the WCU Chancellor's office. 

Is he still on staff with SOA?  The staff pages have been scrubbed and the only people listed are the BOD.

2 hours ago, GBugler said:

I hope that David Starnes absolutely cleans house. That's what he was brought in to do and he can start by perma-banning that Maddox guy. Who cares what hall of fame he's in? Big, tough lawyer man. What an absolute jackass.

That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain”

21 hours ago, skevinp said:

I don’t know, I’ve never been a fan of suppressing speech.  I want people to be free to tell us what they think and us to be free to address those thoughts.  Silencing them won’t change their minds, it just limits our ability to try to change their minds. 

I've worked as both a radio news reporter/editor and in PR.

The news reporter (and libertarian) in me agrees with you about not suppressing speech. But the PR person in me would want that FB page tightly controlled. LOL

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If this truly happened, it is horrific.

If it is not true,making such a false claim is also horrific.

Also a claim that he helped “save” SoA at some point. 

8 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I've worked as both a radio news reporter/editor and in PR.

The news reporter (and libertarian) in me agrees with you about not suppressing speech. But the PR person in me would want that FB page tightly controlled. LOL

Yes - there are specific ways as an organization you go about dealing w/ bad news. 

If you want to see it done very well, looks at how Johnson & Johnson dealt with the Tylenol Murders in 1982.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, year1buick said:

Well I did see Howdy there early on. He claimed SOA members sodomized him with a broom in the 80’s.

When you first think about it, you think pffttt oh it’s howdy.  But then after further review, you think why would someone make up that kind of thing happening to them?   

• Like 1