Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

11 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

My God they keep shooting themselves in the foot. 

Could have used all the flaming responses the other day with the cold snap. Have yet to see one pro comment.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

That's my read but I guess the "disparaging messages without due process" give them the route to delete comments?

Which I don’t think they’ve deleted anything. The worst of the worst is still out there.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

FWIW, if you are friends with the person being harassed on facebook, you can report it through facebook as harassment. Same if you are the one being directly harassed. If you are not able to do so, then use the next-closest report reason. I have used "mis-information" for those vile document screenshots.

I reported their page and thread.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

That's my read but I guess the "disparaging messages without due process" give them the route to delete comments?

If it were me, I wouldn't be allowing comments right now. There is a difference between allowing comments to promote civil discussion and knowing when to use social media strictly as a communication tool. They should be in full-on crisis communications mode. I would not allow commenting on any of the SOA social platforms. Let people talk elsewhere; that's fine; you can't control that. You don't have to do that to delete messages, especially on Facebook. There is functionality built-in where they can hide people's responses without them knowing it, and it's clear that the person managing the channel has no advanced experience managing communities. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Newseditor44 said:

If it were me, I wouldn't be allowing comments right now. There is a difference between allowing comments to promote civil discussion and knowing when to use social media strictly as a communication tool. They should be in full-on crisis communications mode. I would not allow commenting on any of the SOA social platforms. Let people talk elsewhere; that's fine; you can't control that. You don't have to do that to delete messages, especially on Facebook. There is functionality built-in where they can hide people's responses without them knowing it, and it's clear that the person managing the channel has no advanced experience managing communities. 

One of the historical DC sites is good at that. There is bit of old bashing new at times and usually a warning, then comments turned off or removed… or admin gets the craps of it and deletes the thread. 
And that’s just people arguing and not the personal crap flying with SoA

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I reported their page and thread.

I would caution against doing something like this. Facebook's security team can be a mess to try and navigate, and doing this could get their page revoked and taken down. Aside from losing a majority of their historical posts, it could take a very long time to get Facebook to reauthorize the page if it gets shut down. I would much rather try to find a way internally to help SOA get their ducks in a row and implement a crisis comms plan, that would be much more productive. 

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

One of the historical DC sites is good at that. There is bit of old bashing new at times and usually a warning, then comments turned off or removed… or admin gets the craps of it and deletes the thread. 
And that’s just people arguing and not the personal crap flying with SoA

This is really one of those critical moments that you need someone that knows that they're doing. The longer they wait to make that happen, the worse things will get. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

I've worked as both a radio news reporter/editor and in PR.

The news reporter (and libertarian) in me agrees with you about not suppressing speech. But the PR person in me would want that FB page tightly controlled. LOL

it really isn't helping them any that screenshots of someone doxxing a MINOR stay there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If this truly happened, it is horrific.

If it is not true,making such a false claim is also horrific.

and therein lies the problem....that person has made so many claims that have been proven liar liar pants on fire, it's hard to know what to believe.

• Thanks 1