Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

12 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I would caution against doing something like this. Facebook's security team can be a mess to try and navigate, and doing this could get their page revoked and taken down. Aside from losing a majority of their historical posts, it could take a very long time to get Facebook to reauthorize the page if it gets shut down. I would much rather try to find a way internally to help SOA get their ducks in a row and implement a crisis comms plan, that would be much more productive. 

That makes sense. I was just thinking along the lines of getting some kind of attention drawn to the situation so all of the hate/harassment could be shut down.

• Like 1

I am going after individuals and their burner accounts if applicable. Example of one that I did:

You can report user accounts in general. So I went to "Dennis Carol"s profile and reported the profile for "Harassment and Bullying."

In the case of "Dennis Carol" you could also report the profile for "Fake Account" or "Fake Name." It is a burner account.

I cannot report his posts and comments as "Harassment" Because I am unable to tag the victim of harassment. She and I are not facebook friends. So I report his comments and posts as "false information." I am tracking to see the results.

10 minutes ago, year1buick said:

That makes sense. I was just thinking along the lines of getting some kind of attention drawn to the situation so all of the hate/harassment could be shut down.

All good intentions, totally get that. I would have probably done the same thing. They'll get through this, it's just going to be bumpy for a while. 

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

My God they keep shooting themselves in the foot. 

they are making the old Cadets board look like geniuses

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

FWIW, if you are friends with the person being harassed on facebook, you can report it through facebook as harassment. Same if you are the one being directly harassed. If you are not able to do so, then use the next-closest report reason. I have used "mis-information" for those vile document screenshots.

sadly i am not as with the member being a minor i do not actually know, i did not request a friend/follower status

So, like…they have to be aware that those screenshots are there, right? And how does that jive in any way with their newest statement? I am genuinely at a loss.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

This is really one of those critical moments that you need someone that knows that they're doing. The longer they wait to make that happen, the worse things will get. 

I like the lady who does the group I mentioned. I get the vibe of “if you don’t knock it off I’m going to stop the car”. Then when you can’t find the thread… guess she DID stop the car. 😆