Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

5 hours ago, WaitForIt said:

Tommy Maddox is an attorney and was also just inducted into the SoA Hall of Fame in 2021. Dennis Carol is a burner account for Bob Kepler who is also Spirit Alumni. 

For the attorney, if he's doing stuff that's illegal or unethical, it's certainly feasible to submit a complaint to their local state bar association for review. Wonder if anyone's thought to do that yet?

19 minutes ago, WaitForIt said:

My take away is they consider doxing ok but challenging those doing the doxing will get your comments deleted.

It is unlikly that they don't know what is in those scanned pages coming from a burner account. Are they deleting comments around those posts?

11 minutes ago, Galen said:

For the attorney, if he's doing stuff that's illegal or unethical, it's certainly feasible to submit a complaint to their local state bar association for review. Wonder if anyone's thought to do that yet?

Do we know for certain the individuals behind the burner account?

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Do we know for certain the individuals behind the burner account?

The lawyer has his real name in his profile and signs some of his posts. Supposed burner 🤷🏻

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, WaitForIt said:

My take away is they consider doxing ok but challenging those doing the doxing will get your comments deleted.

thats what happened to me

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I've worked as both a radio news reporter/editor and in PR.

The news reporter (and libertarian) in me agrees with you about not suppressing speech. But the PR person in me would want that FB page tightly controlled. LOL

I care more about getting all the information that helps me make the right decision than I care about anybody’s PR.  

If posts are by Spirit staff, that tells me something about a philosophy currently present in the organization, which is valuable to know.  If posts are from outside of Spirit, that tells me something about the victim’s detractors which is also valuable to know, and doesn’t say anything about Spirit’s philosophy so it doesn’t harm the organization in my eyes.  

My support for the victim is solid and genuine because I did not automatically believe her accusation and simply refuse to hear anything else.  

Instead, I used my brain to draw logical conclusions based on all the information available.  That includes the scanned letters and angry posts that largely discredit themselves with illogical claims, obvious bias and disturbing malice, as well as the victim’s response to them, which was, by contrast, calm and rational.  

There was mention earlier of another side to the story, but if what we have seen is the strongest argument anyone on said other side has, that pretty much negates that claim.  

I would also note that the mature demeanor of the victim strongly contradicts the attacks on her maturity, and discredits the individuals who made them.  

I wouldn’t know those things if the information had been suppressed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3