Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

I would suggest that if there is any “circling of wagons” some SOA mm’s who witnessed all that was described and can bear witness to actions and inactions; circle their own wagons to support and provide evidence to what is likely to be serious legal actions taken against perpetrating mm’s for a multitude of charges.  I have a feeling the degree and extent of actions of the offenders will cause the demise of SOA.  The offenders actions coupled with inaction or delayed action of management SHOULD result in the demise of SOA directed by DCI or the justice system.  If that doesn’t do it upcoming lawsuits will.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjoakes said:

I keep waiting (hoping!) for a post or few with evidence that events did not unfold as badly as described by the member who originally posted. Or with evidence that Spirit staff and leaders acted much more appropriately than is indicated.

Looks like those posts are not going to appear.

I’m dying to know if it was a topic at the Januals 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ContraBugle said:

I just figured spirit would've spoken by now

Not without legal guidance they won’t 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Cainan said:

If this gets into the public eye.. ie: outside of the infinitely small drum corps universe, Dan may not need to act as I cant imagine a single school or housing site that would want to potentially open themselves up to this sort of risk. Problem is, that every OTHER corps will be tarnished by this as well.

You mean fewer schools than already are avoiding drum corps 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Once all the other corps untag themselves in social media posts, they will have no trouble finding housing.  Problem solved!

Til it gets shown to administration 

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Ughhhhhhh. "Nothing leaves the bus?!?!?!" SERIOUSLY?!?!?! This is NOT kind the of guiding principles that this or any corps was founded on. 

What was the quote during the Pioneer mess? “What goes on in the corps, stays in the corps “? 
People don’t frigging learn.

• Like 2