Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

2 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Ok, here’s how my confusion arose:

The ringleader of Rookie Talent Night for the guard bus has moved on to the Blue Devils and still has yet to be penalized.” I assumed the person who moved onto BD was a guard member because it took on the guard bus. You know what they say about assuming…

Here’s the scary thing. I’m mutuals on IG with a trumpet player from Spirit who was recently contracted by BD for a lead spot. I was about to take them up on their sponsorship request. I wonder if it’s the same person?

Please message me privately 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, inbetween said:

You may want to look up how well that has gone for cheerleading...

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

A fox in the henhouse. 

If DCI doesn't get a grip on this someone else will.  Maybe not this season, perhaps not next.  But it will happen & it will be ugly & perhaps the end of the activity.

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If DCI doesn't get a grip on this someone else will.  Maybe not this season, perhaps not next.  But it will happen & it will be ugly & perhaps the end of the activity.

I would say burn it down but they seem to be doing it all by themselves.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

An apologist for bad behavior has chimed in here. 

And according to one reply, the apologist is returning for 2022. That's a contract that should be pulled as well IMHO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

An apologist for bad behavior has chimed in here. 

That comment makes me ill. Did you see the person who made that comment will be a returning guard member for the ‘22 season? This pattern of unacceptable behavior runs deep within SoA. Shut it down!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Seems like the punishment boils down to "this time we really mean it. Or else."

Thinking more like “we really don’t know what to do, but this sounds better than keeping quiet”.

8 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

And according to one reply, the apologist is returning for 2022. That's a contract that should be pulled as well IMHO. 

Question on current practices:  BITD if a member went from one Corps to another after a certain date, the member had to have what was called a 'letter of release' from the Corps they were transferring from.  The member couldn't march in competition with the gaining Corps until the release was obtained.  Penalty for marching unreleased member was DQ at competition member marched in.   So, is there still a similar practice?  If the contract is pulled is there a way to keep the member from joining another Corps?

It may be easier to keep the member as an alternate/pit equipment mover/prop mover.

Or better yet, lets shut down SoA for apparent stupidity in violating common sense member safety and prevention of bullying/sexual assault rules.