Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

6 hours ago, anomaly said:

So many of the 2021 SOA Members right now are purposefully making lies to try and save the reputation of the corps, even though the corps has owned up to everything. For the member in that reddit that came forward, I appreciate you. For contrabugle that came forward, I appreciate you. The acts on that bus that I stated, truly happened and was legitimate. This corps has such a horrible history in regards to how they've failed their members. 

Stay strong.  The slings and arrows will come fast and furious.  A dear, dear friend of mine was one of the survivors who came out against GH.  She’s had to relive hell several times over.

We have your back. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

He’s all over that page.  

I blocked him so I only knew cause I saw his name mentioned. 

• Like 1

Also if that's not good enough of a vouch... One of the 2021 SOA Drum Majors vouched for me and was present on that bus

These are also the same members who ridiculed me for speaking up.... Spirit has admitted to what has happened and others have come forward to defend me as well. Staff members are quitting because of what Spirit has failed to take care of. 

I'm simply making the point that your story is being disputed by others who were there.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

He’s all over that page.  

If you didn’t know any better you’d think he was a recent member. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

I'm simply making the point that your story is being disputed by others who were there.

A rapist and a rape victim are present at the same act, but might have VERY different takes on what happened. 

Just because a bunch of kids didn't see a problem with it doesn't mean it's not incredibly serious.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

GH has his sycophants, too. 

47 minutes ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

I would imagine if a returning member lacking integrity who looked the other way when crimes were being committed then harassed the victim will definitely be looking for anyway to redeem themselves. So many have come forward and admitted the victims account of what took place was true. On top of that, the executive director and director admitted it. Then there’s also Tony Teleky’s statement he made yesterday:

“I cannot in good conscience be part of an organization that I feel did not and has not taken the necessary steps to ensure its member’s safety. As a result, I have resigned from my percussion staff role at Spirit of Atlanta, effective immediately. Though I was fortunate to have had an incredible experience working with the instructional staff and members, ultimately the inaction of the administrative staff and upper management failed the corps. To everyone who was impacted: I love you. I stand with you. I am here for you.”

• Like 5

Just now, WaitForIt said:

I would imagine if a returning member lacking integrity who looked the other way when crimes were being committed then harassed the victim will definitely be looking for anyway to redeem themselves. So many have come forward and admitted the victims account of what took place was true. On top of that, the executive director and director admitted it. Then there’s also Tony Teleky’s statement he made yesterday:

“I cannot in good conscience be part of an organization that I feel did not and has not taken the necessary steps to ensure its member’s safety. As a result, I have resigned from my percussion staff role at Spirit of Atlanta, effective immediately. Though I was fortunate to have had an incredible experience working with the instructional staff and members, ultimately the inaction of the administrative staff and upper management failed the corps. To everyone who was impacted: I love you. I stand with you. I am here for you.”

Tony Teleky is a hero in my book. 🥇

• Like 2

I want to say something about tour.

I’m from BITD when we went on two weeks tours.  Even then, there was something unreal about it.  I saw a lot of abnormal being made to seem normal.   Jim went on tour for two weeks in 2014 as a volunteer and he saw some things that wouldn’t fly in “the real world”.  Now I know why everyone would say after finals “back to the real world”. I think it’s toxic and without a dedicated compliance officer with every corps riding shotgun, this touring model is probably short.  I personally never thought it was healthy in the first place.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2