And the floodgates are opening

starting with the Phantom and Cavies stories a few weeks ago, and now Spirit this week, two more stories came out today from kids in corps. ( links below).

for the first time in my life, i am really wondering if DCI is worth saving.

https://www.facebook.com/100001510672492/posts/4901150299945277/?d=n

https://www.reddit.com/r/drumcorps/comments/s2jxo0/my_experience_marching_raiders_in_2019/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

adding that link here. feel free to add more as you find them

• Thanks 2

This is both incredibly infuriating and sad. I hate to admit it, but you may be right. It’s getting harder and harder to see a future for the activity. I can’t even imagine how many other stories there are out there that have yet to be told. 

I’ve said this in another thread but it bears repeating. If I had a child, specifically a daughter, there’s no way I’d feel comfortable letting her march in a corps after reading about the horrible things that take place. 

• Like 3

And DCI and the corps involved keep talking around criminal acts that have life long damage to the survivors. Close down and clean house or just close down. Ability to trust is gone…

• Thanks 2

It's getting to the point where when you try to find positives, it's merely trying to defend the indefensible.

Burn it all down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Cainan said:

It's getting to the point where when you try to find positives, it's merely trying to defend the indefensible.

Burn it all down.

I said recently it’s easier to find a list of corps that don’t have ( to date) issues brought forward. And of the 3 I posted, 2 were after dci made the new rules currently slapping Spirit on the wrist 

• Sad 1

if what we've been told from multiple sources is true, I have to agree with Jeff..I thought the stuff I saw BITD was bad, but since I never toured as such, these revelations are just plain gross..And if the flagship corps are about this B.S then I don't want my grandkids marching DCI unless and until these criminal behaviors are exorcised..peace

• Like 2